Fly Tying
CapeBSalar

Well I had to Quit Smoking!

Monday will be three weeks for me on the patch. It's been ok but I've cheated here and there. It doesn't help that the wife didn't. It didn't help making two long drives to go hunting either. I've found that old triggers like long drives are tough. My cheating has been limited to about a pack over the 3 weeks (1 or 2 every other day or so) but I'm on the way and not giving up. I feel nauseated and tired after smoking so quitting completely is around the corner. Charms blow pops help. :baby:

hang in there dornug, If I even smoked one right now I know it wouldn't be good. It's been 12 days without even a puff and still counting. I'm at the 2 week freak out stage though, so hopefully I can hang in there. I've got good reasons, I'm sure you do too. It really helps if the wife quits too, however that being said, Melissa quit and I still kept smoking for about 3 months, she didn't nag me about it and eventually I just decided I had to quit. keep at it.

SMOKING IS JUST PLAIN NASTY agree? another reason to say no!!! hang in there guys Im in the same boat and were rowing with gas!

Well it's been a whole 16 days and today was the hardest of all, I went over 32 hours without a patch on and today I had a 4 hour freak attack, I wanted a smoke so bad, I went to Wal-mart and made a bee line for the pharmacy and grabbed a pack, pack of patches that is. I didn't break down. I got home and put that pack right where my smokes used to sit and boy, I felt some good opening that pack, slapped another one of those puppies on and I made it through the day.

:headbang:

Alot of this is in the head, I don't think I could quit cold turkey though. I felt like I was going through the DT's or something, shaking trembling hands, sweats, etc, etc. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Not gonna give up! ;)

Alot of this is in the head, I don't think I could quit cold turkey though. I felt like I was going through the DT's or something, shaking trembling hands, sweats, etc, etc. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Damian after 16 days its now all in your head. The physical aspect of the nicotine being in your system only takes about 4-6 days to completely be out of your body, after that it's 100% mental. Stick to it bud, you can do it.

I went about 24 hrs the other day without one and broke down, but I'm not done trying ;)

Four days without cheating and don't want to anymore. The last time I cheated I felt sick. I'm dropping down to the second step patch on Monday for a week or two then I should be done. Monday will be a month.

Yupp suckers help, as well as tooth picks. When I had quite for 3 months earlier this year I found having a toothpick in my mouth gave me something to satisfy the hand to mouth habit.

My wife is four months pregnant too with my fourth daughter( her first). To celeberate this, my head mortgage broker gave me a nice Rome y Julieta Churchill...and it wasn't from the Dominican Republic!!

I used to smoke a box of cigars a week(quit about ten years ago) so I very quickly passed that cigar along to my friend who works in a cigar store. That was hard.

You can do it...just keep focusing on the kids.

All the best,

Hot Tuna

"Rolling on, what do I find....what do you think I see?

That bony hand comes beckoning....buddy come go with me"

from Trial By Fire, Jefferson Airplane

Right on Dornug, good to see someone else is in this with me, steeldrifter, were here for ya buddy when you're ready! Hot Tuna, thanks for the encouragement. Sorry bout the *uban! LOL! Sure it was for the best! Big Congratulations on your latest addition to the family!

Damian

Good luck guys, keep it its for the best, your children will all appreciate i.

My dad quit right after i was born, almost 36 years ago. He smoked from the time he was a teen until he was over 43, he is now 79. He has had some problems, but if he hadnt quit he would surely be gone by now.

To answer your question Daryn, NOPE! LOL! But I have more money to spend on tying materials!! LOL! JK! Not really noticing too much, I smoked a pack every two days so about what $200.00 a month, only been 18 days so I've saved about $100.00 bucks but it just goes to other things that's all. The money I get reimbursed from work with for quitting I plan on using for the babies though. There's a quit smoking program that will reimburse your smoking aid expenses. It's not covered under medical insurance but this is another program that we have here. I never heard of anyone using it before but I'm damn sure going too. Spent that $100.00 bucks on patches for the last 3 weeks, once I'm off the patch I'm sure I'll see more $$ in my pocket.

Anyways, hopefully you guys don't mind me keeping this post going as I find it is helping me as it gives me something to look forward to and every time I feel like a smoke I read some of these posts.

Cheers,