Fly Tying
CapeBSalar

Well I had to Quit Smoking!

Anyways, hopefully you guys don't mind me keeping this post going as I find it is helping me as it gives me something to look forward to and every time I feel like a smoke I read some of these posts.

Cheers,

Not one bit Damian, anything that helps you stay on track is AOK with me.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Anyways, hopefully you guys don't mind me keeping this post going as I find it is helping me as it gives me something to look forward to and every time I feel like a smoke I read some of these posts.

Cheers,

We don't mind. Actually.. we kind of have a pool going.... oops.. sorry guys.. was I not suppose to say anything?

Keep at it, the little one will appreciate it later. Almost as much as not geting named Childers....

My money is on the day Melissa goes into labor. I'll put a hook or two on it. LOL. Keep up the good work, Damian.You sounded a bit frazzled on the phone the other night, now I can see why!!! Hope the company didn't tempt you too much. Jamie

Well Guys I'm right there with you now. I had 3 smokes left in the pack when I got up this morning and I tossed them in the trash. I got a birthday coming up this weekend and I told myself I was gonna try to seriously stop by my B day, so I got up this morning and told myself now is as good a time as any, no need to wait a couple more days for no reason.

Really wanted one tonight but I'm gonna try not to do it.

Guess this is the FTF support group now isnt it? :D

Good luck guys! I've been trying to quit chewing as well. You guys are getting me motivated. However, I can keep it for only about 7 days then thats it. Guess I'm jumping on board here now too!

Way to go SD!! Get the patch man, it really helps! Sage, thanks for joining in! It is turning into the FTF quitter's club now isn't it!!

I went all day at work and until 8 pm tonite without a patch on, wasn't too bad. This weekend I'm going to graduate myself to the step 2 patch and stay on that for another 3 weeks or so.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

20 days and counting.

Yeah Jamie, I was a bit frazzled, alot of company and lots going on, sorry I didn't have time to chat.

I'll let you know when that package arrives too, I appreciate you sending it.

Best all,

Damian

I gave the smokes up May 1st and did it without the patch. If I can do it, anyone can. Actually, I did have help. I was going to visit my mom and dad and believe me, my dad is more effective than the patch. He has this look he gives that would make anyone feel guilty no matter what they did. So rather than listen to the sermons, it was easier to throw the smokes away.

Mike

if you need some encouragement i quit 6 years ago after getting 3 balloons, 3 stents, 5 heart bypasses, and a 12in. stent in each leg above the knee. I only smoked a pack to 1 1/2 packs a day. keep it up you'll make it and think of your loved ones..

Hang in there SD, going on 24 hours here. Grab your self a sucker, sit down and breath real deep. feel that, thats good air going into your lungs!

How we doing guys? It's the 9th, Did ya make it? I went to work again without a patch today, keep forgetting to put one on in the morning, pull a U turn and came back to the house. Grabbed a patch and didn' t put it on until about 10am. Not doing too bad today. 23 days in and counting. I dream about the basturds though! LOL!

hang in there.