Fly Tying
CapeBSalar

Well I had to Quit Smoking!

Good for you who have quit! It doesn't matter how long it's been since you put them down.... you have now officially quit!

Let me ask you guys if you feel any better. Do you still wake up with oysters in your throat in the morning? Has your breathing become easier? Does food taste better?

It's time for me to quit. I can feel the effect they have on me now that I'm getting AARP magazines in the mail!

I'm hanging...barely :wallbash: just dont feel like myself without smokeing, as sick as that sounds. I want one baaaaad :lol:

Since its only been about 3 days for me I dont feel any better yet. I actually seem to be coughing more the last day but I think its just all the crud in my lungs breaking up a bit :dunno: I know when I had quit for 3 months back in the spring that right around the 1 month mark I could tell I could breath deeper without coughing and just seemed to have more energy at that point. Got aways to go till I get there again but we'll see each day.

Damian I'm glad to hear you doing good. Your almost to that 1 month mark bud congrats! :yahoo:

Oh yeah. Food tastes better, clothes don't stink and you may even become the reformed ex-smoker you promised yourself you'd never become. I am my dad I guess. Now that I quit, I "gently" remind my son and daughter-in-law that they are the only ones in my entire family that smoke. I can smell it in my grandkids even though they don't smoke around them. I guess it's in the clothes or even the ashtray breath that makes the little 'uns smell like smoke. I need to start walking more though. Food tastes too good and I have put on a few pounds since I quit. I sleep better and breathe a hell of allot easier. Plus... I'm saving about $170-$180 a month.

Mike

You guys still hanging in? I was so frigging close to going outside today I tell ya, haven't had a craving so bad since I quit over 24 days ago. I just went down to the #2 patch and I had one hell of a frigging day at the office, my boss totally pissed me off today and I was so frigging wanting to have a smoke. I just decided not too. If I could survive today, I think I could survive anything. I was so pissed I couldn't speak to her for fear of strangling her ugly face! LOL! :hyst: :hyst:

Ah, that felt better!

Anyone got any job opportunities out there for me?

Only condition is there needs to be some kick ass fishing and some good fly tyer's close by, oh yeah and in close proximity to all the great fly fishing shows that you guys have over there. Hmmmm.....wonder if I could get a work visa? LOL!

Hang in there guys, hope you are doing ok with it.

LOL, thank god she's pregnant and hopefully she'll take the whole year off.

It's funny, I always said, Employee's don't leave call centres, they leave supervisors. Today it almost proved that saying true.

This was my Monday..... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :help: :help:

That's too bad SD....They say that even cutting back is a good thing.

Hang in there.

I'll be one month on Thursday and counting, I'm at another hump in the road this week, seems like every two weeks I get pretty freaked out, but it eventually passes. Oh well, shit sucks but I'm doing the best I can with it..

As soon as you loose count of the time you have in you will have it beat and become a lifer. When your handing out cigars ( the twins) make sure yours is chocolate.

It is a wicked task master... My wife has been trying to quit for a few years and always gets sucked back in. Stick with it and good luck. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work, Damian. If gum doesn't work, chew on your boss.She's preggers too? What's in the Cape Breton water? Maybe it came over from the mainland??? Man, don't kill what you can't hide.LOL. Talk soon, Jamie

How about a shock collar... every time you get the urge... reach into your pocket and push the button. I might be able to help as button holder if you like... no charge. :dunno:

Funny, funny! LOL!

Still hanging in there, 34 days and countin, never thought about it twice today, been even forgetting about posting to the thread some, You're right Daryn, once you loose count you are good to go. That's the way it was last time I quit, (3.5 years ) stupid to start up again but shit happens. Now I have even more a reason to stay off the butts.

miss them though. Picked a good time of year to quit, just came in from unplugging the xmas lights for the nite, and damn it's friggin cold out there.

Damian

Right on Dornug, good to see someone else is in this with me, steeldrifter, were here for ya buddy when you're ready! Hot Tuna, thanks for the encouragement. Sorry bout the *uban! LOL! Sure it was for the best! Big Congratulations on your latest addition to the family!

Damian

I've been cheating about one a day. It doesn't help being on vacation and the wife still smoking. She's quitting after Xmas so we should be good here. I need to start using the patch again. I think my cheating is due to quitting the patch too soon. Once the wife quits there won't be a means to cheat so all should be well.

I've always said I'm no quitter but I will be very soon.

Good Luck and happy breathing.