Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
stel

Elsworth Outcropping Field Trip

Back sometime ago(when it was warm out, lol) my earth science class took a field trip to a beach a couple miles north of Elk rapids. It was real cool and I took along my camera. I thought I would just cahre some pics with you guys. Enjoy:)

My favorite...

user posted image

user posted image

Some of the shale we were studying.

user posted image

The difference between shale and sand over the shale.

user posted image

Last one

user posted image

Stel,

It must be nice to be that close to the lake to take a "field trip" to! I got a 5 hr drive to lake erie and a 9 hr drive to lake michigan. You guys up north get to have all the fun dry.gif

Stel, if you guys are looking for fossils next time, go to the Medusa Cement plant in Charlevoix. My daughter and I found 6 awesome fossils in about 10 minutes there. You might even find a Petosky or two!

My buddy has a house about 10 miles east of Elk Rapids, beautiful country up there, were you at the county park at the junction of US31 and M88?

Hey Airhead,

We weren't at a county park. We were in between some houses on the lake. Think it was a mini park for the neighborhood. I should go looking for petosky stones. That would be cool to find some.