Fly Tying
timinator

worm fly

Tim, Late this fall I tried an imitation by tying two bunny strips back to back on a hook and then putting a dot of Zap a Gap towards the back to keep the pieces together. I then cut down the fur a bit to reduce the profile of the fly in water. It seemed to do the trick in a pond by work, but have not yet had a chance to do 'extensive testing'. The trick for my idea was to get the hook centered so it sinks horizontally and not end first.

ive got one in "my patterns" Im on my way out ill post more info in the morning

Senkos are by far the greatest soft plastic on the market, you may have some successful imitations but remember that it is an imitation. I don't think there is a rival for the senko, just like every other fly is not quite as good as the 'real thing'. Let me know what you find that produces a similar action, and I'll be all over it like flytyers on a materials sale!

Scott Sanchez has a fly called the Sluggo. Do a search on the internet....I'm sure you'll find something. I also believe there was a recent article in American Angler that had the Sluggo. It might be something you're looking for.

Jason all I saw was an article about fly materials. I didn't look too hard, though. The UNC UK game is back from halftime!!

I'm interested in whatever you guys find. Senko's are great! :P

I've been thinking about Senko's for a couple of years now. The movement part can be imitated, but I think the real secret to them is they're impregnated with salt. If you can figure a way to do that let me know.

I don't think the salt is the key, at least not because it is salt. Most soft plastics on the market today have salt impregnated.

I think it is the way a senko falls, specifically the fact that, when fished weightless, it stays horizontal while falling with a side to side wiggle. The way the salt is impregnated probably has something to do with that, but I think the same effect could be brought about otherwise.

Just my opinion.

TL

Try with zonker-strips! Zonker strips have grat action and movement better than any silicon. On a middle of strip glue with some soft glue a pice of 30lb mono, and you will have good Wacky Worm imitation.