Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Winter Excursion

Traveling to Banff - YEAH, the one and only BANFF - F - F !!!

first week of February(everybody get the laughing done before you all reply dry.gif - I hope you all don't pull any muscles laughing mad.gif cool.gif )

I know one of our members is from Edmonton, and I already asked for his input, but- does any one or another of you have any USEFUL information about visiting the Canadian Rockies in the dead of winter? more along the lines of whether my regular winter gear is sufficient, or should I upgrade to expedition quality - not how much pemmican I should have or how much meat it takes to feed my dogs per day! blink.gif

Mimi, Honey - I've been in WORSE places!!! rolleyes.gif (don't make me moderate your precocious ass!!! dry.gif !)

i shall remain silent, and allow you to gather pertinent information, my overlord....forgive poor Gollum tongue.gif

Dfix,

Lots of film. Drop dead gorgus in the winter and other times. As a former resident of montana. If I were going to Banff in feb then I would wear the usual Goose down coat, Ski gloves and a good ski hat especially in Green Bay Packer colors.

A pair of insulated hiking boots such as Vasque Skywalkers would complete the outfit. A pair of long handles in the baggage in case of some cooler weather.

Irish

Sign in to follow this