Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bentflyrod

Help!!!!!!

I'm looking for a #32 hook and I can't seem to find any! The fly shops in the area don't carry anything smaller than a 26! I did a search on the net and still have not come up with anything! If someone knows of somewhere I can get some, let me know!

BFR

Good luck with that brother. I believe that the 32s were only made by Mustad and are no longer made due to lack of popularity. Any you find now are hold overs. The smallest manufactured at this point is the 28.

You may have luck posting here on the trade board, or checking eBay. I do know a few people here in Columbus that have a couple they keep as a novelty. :dunno:

The smallest I generally go for myself is a size 24 Brian/Ryan Midge or string midge.

have ya checked feather-craft?

Just did and thanks! Smallest they had was a #22!

What will you being using 32's for????

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Award for this years contest!

I have one tied on a #26. I want to see if I can tie one on a #32!

It's all about the challenge!

BFR

Good Day,

Great to have met you at the show!

I seem to remember we discussed this shortly the other day. They are hard to find! I did some research and have found the following:

- Checked the Mustad site. Smallest they manufacture is a 94840 in size 28.

- Daiichi appears to olny go down to 22.

- Partridge also seems to only go down to 22

BUT DO NOT DESPAIR! THEY CAN BE FOUND! Check the following link!

http://www.traditionalangler.com/Hooks_Tiemco.asp - Second from bottom of page. Tiemco 518 Ultra midge hook in packs of 25 or 100.

I have aldready purchased some myself! Who knows how much longer these small sizes will be around. However. This is a "new" design from Tiemco. Hopefully it bodes well for stock in the future.

Steelie

AKA - Christopher Soule

MAN! I was there and didn't scroll down far enough. Guess that's what I get for using my 'company time' in such an efficient manner :shifty:

Good catch Chris!! I also now have a pack heading my way for that just in case pattern...

Thanks Chris!

Tried to order but I kept getting booted out! Will have to try later!

The super exclusive 30-30 club...

Good thing I still have my 20/20! :eek:

BFR

How big of a magnifying glass you gonna have to use to tie those thangs? I did some 22's the other night without a magnifyer and my dang eyes were cross eyed for a day or two. :bugeyes:

BFR, you gotta look at the right model hook not just the sizes.

I know I got some at feather-craft and I just checked again.

TMC 518 goes down to a size #32 and it's in their catalog.

It has been discussed before and although this hook probably isn't as small as the mustad #277.... it's a 32....

Good luck,

Jeff

How big of a magnifying glass you gonna have to use to tie those thangs? I did some 22's the other night without a magnifyer and my dang eyes were cross eyed for a day or two.

I have a 4x and an 8x! If I have to I can stack them to help my poor old eye's out!

Thanks JRG! I will have to look again!

BFR

TMC's 32 is large 32 it is about the size of a Mustad #28. Mustads #32's are eye less and sell from $3-5 at shows and ebay. If you would like a box of 28's let me know I sell them at the shop and can get you a price.

Joe Fox

ashbourn is right about the temco 32s, the gap is about the same as a mustad 28 the shank may be a little shorter. The mustad 32s are REAL small knowing a couple tricks really helps with them. Picture shows the Mustad 28 and 32.

IPB Image