10. siestafred Recived!!

11. Down2earthlv

12. redwings 1 Recived!!

13. jkr Recived!!

14. spanky Recived!!

15. Grey Squirrel Recived!!

16. Sage8wt Recived!!

17. sore arm Recived!!

Got to mare sets in the mail last night Jkr and steel 45> Bothe sets are sweet!!! Very nice work!!!!!!!

For some reason I can't get the picture to open up :angry: . Oh well, they still look cool :D .

Mine went into the mail Friday afternoon, so keep an eye out for the little guys.

Terry

1. D5 A.K.A. me Done

2 crotalus Recived!!

3. Fry flyer Recived!!

4. Sully TM Recived!!

5. OLB

6. steel 45 Recived!!

7. Terry Lee Recived!!

8. fishyman Recived!!

9. Shenandoangler

10. siestafred Recived!!

11. Down2earthlv

12. redwings 1 Recived!!

13. jkr Recived!!

14. spanky Recived!!

16. Sage8wt Recived!!

17. sore arm Recived!!

Another sweet set recived from terry lee !!!!!

1. D5 A.K.A. me Done

2 crotalus Recived!!

3. Fry flyer Recived!!

4. Sully TM Recived!!

5. OLB Sweet Marabou!!!! Recived!!

6. steel 45 Recived!!

7. Terry Lee Recived!!

8. fishyman Recived!!

9. Shenandoangler

10. siestafred Recived!!

11. Down2earthlv Recived!!

12. redwings 1 Recived!!

13. jkr Recived!!

14. spanky Recived!!

16. Sage8wt Recived!!

17. sore arm Recived!!

Just waiting on shenodoangler Ill PM him :yahoo:

Went to a tying class Sat at the L.F.S. where we did Clousers and discussed the new book Bob Clousers got out with directions and comments on 17 of his patterns.

1. It's a great book and i bought it even though i don't have two nickels to rub together.

2. We're all tying it wrong. :o

Fishy. :ripped:

Went to a tying class Sat at the L.F.S. where we did Clousers and discussed the new book Bob Clousers got out with directions and comments on 17 of his patterns.

1. It's a great book and i bought it even though i don't have two nickels to rub together.

2. We're all tying it wrong. :o

Fishy. :ripped:

Dude, you can't leave us hanging like that :o !! What are we doing wrong???? :dunno:

I could tell you all to go buy the book, but......

The two biggest things are..

1. The eyes should be tied in at a MINIMUM of 1/3 the length back on the hook shank. 1/2 or more back is not too far depending on the hook / weight / action desired.

2. The way we are tying in the head. Most, if not all of us (myself included!) are tying to large/bulky of a head and are wrapping too close to the dumbell eyes on both sides but especially the front.

The guy giving the class is pretty much strictly a Smallmouth guy and admitted that he himself had tied hundreds incorrectly before spending a little time with Bob at a show and picking up his book. I know most of us will say "Theres no way to really tie a fly wrong, it's all in the tyers style and interpretation (sp?) of the fly." I agree for the most part, but the reasons why it's tied the way it is with the weight where it is and the wraps the way they are really do affect the action.

If you're a fan of Clousers flies or a dedicated Smallmouth fisherperson (pc ya know..lol)...

GET THIS BOOK!

Fishy :D

I could tell you all to go buy the book, but......

The two biggest things are..

1. The eyes should be tied in at a MINIMUM of 1/3 the length back on the hook shank. 1/2 or more back is not too far depending on the hook / weight / action desired.

2. The way we are tying in the head. Most, if not all of us (myself included!) are tying to large/bulky of a head and are wrapping too close to the dumbell eyes on both sides but especially the front.

The guy giving the class is pretty much strictly a Smallmouth guy and admitted that he himself had tied hundreds incorrectly before spending a little time with Bob at a show and picking up his book. I know most of us will say "Theres no way to really tie a fly wrong, it's all in the tyers style and interpretation (sp?) of the fly." I agree for the most part, but the reasons why it's tied the way it is with the weight where it is and the wraps the way they are really do affect the action.

If you're a fan of Clousers flies or a dedicated Smallmouth fisherperson (pc ya know..lol)...

GET THIS BOOK!

Ordered mine today by your recommendation, Fishy. You got a money back guarantee if I don't like it :rolleyes: ?

Terry

Yeah Terry, I'll take care of it when you come up this spring for that trip! :headbang:

chart/white, olive/white and baby bass are the ones you should definately tie for this area bud.

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS TERRY THAT IS THE BEST AVATAR ON THE SITE YOU FREAKIN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :ph34r:

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS TERRY THAT IS THE BEST AVATAR ON THE SITE YOU FREAKIN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :ph34r:

Thank you, thank you, please, don't applaud, just throw money :P !!

Fishy, I got my book today. You're right, it's awesome!!! All I've done so far is thumb through it once, but it looks great.

If any one sees shenadoangler please let him know if he isnt going to send flies Id appreciate a "piss off pin head" or something. Or better yet a "sorry Ive been busy they are on the way"!!! I have sent him 3 pms and had no response. He has been on the site recently so Im sure he has gotten them. All I want to know is if I can send the flies out now or if he is sending a set. All sets are due march 15th so he has time I just need to know if he is still in or not.