Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fry Flier

A bit of feedback please.

Well I am throwing in the towel and wanting a bit of feedback here. Posted a few flies when I started in Sept. for you to critque and was hoping that you could do the same with these.

post-3271-1134878821.jpg Midge emerger being used as avatar 94840 #14 hook, biot body(2), biot wings, dubbed underbody & head, crystal flash with peacock herl collar.

post-3271-1134878898_thumb.jpg Clouser minnow tied for swap, glass bead eyes with gold painted pupil on a # 10 streamer hook

post-3271-1134879388_thumb.jpg Mono scud on a TMC#12 with dubbin, scud back 1/4 latex and mallard flank

Great looking flies buddy! No need to throw in the towel looks like your ready to sit and tie up a whole fly box for next season! The fish will go crazy for them!

Best Wishes,

Sam

Thanks for the upbeat post harley hunter and down2earthlv.

I was updating the description while you posted down2earthlv, glad you reconized it as a scud.

Gary I just went back and compared some of your first flies you posted a couple months ago, Huge improvement bud! :headbang: Your clouser looks 10 times better and the others are just as improved. Doing very well in my opinion, keep it up :)

SD

Thanks SD, I laugh even now if you only new how hard it was for me to position those first few hooks in the vise with my fumble fingers and worn out eyes. Here I was 48yrs. old, blind in one eye and finger the size of hotdogs, I am happy I started on the smaller hooks at the beginning #16 no not 28"s (cant get them here, been waiting 3 weeks for some 20's and 22's) just so as to get my eyes and fingers working.

Next on the list is a trip to North Toronto or a mail order to J. Stockards for some quality hackle not number 1 but something other then the mid to low quality saddle hackle we get locally.

Hi Fry Tier,

Your flies look great and should catch a lot of fish. Let us know how they work for you. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Enjoying this new hobby of fly tying and the friendship I have found here.

Hey flytire thanks for pointing to that Tutorial I really appreciate all I can glean from others.

First tie with the tuturial below.

post-3271-1135226006_thumb.jpg

post-3271-1135304290_thumb.jpg

post-3271-1135313394_thumb.jpg

Hey man i got your ESLs and Shrimp dont sweat it I am planing to try your esl next week (can I use a swap fly before my swap is done ?? it is MY fly now right ??) :devil: keep it up you are doing great!!!!!