Fly Tying
Crotalus

Casting for Recovery Donations-COMPLETED

---SWAP IS FULL---

I did a little thinking regarding the Casting for Recovery program and came up a with a few ideas that I ran past the management. I want to give this a shot to see how it works out on a limitied basis, if it works out well then I may try to expand it. Additionally if one of the FTF family north of the border wants to start a similar program for Candian CFR then that would be great too.

For anyone unfamiliar with Casting for Recovery here is the link to thier website

http://www.castingforrecovery.org/

Here goes: I would like to adapt the Secret Santa swap to the Casting for Recovery donations. I would like to get 13 tyers + me to each tie 14 flies and send them in along with an inexpensive fly box. I will sort the flies and compile an assortment for each box. In addition I am working to develop a label that i can affix to the fly boxes that will say the flies are courtesy of the members of www.FlyTyingForum.com.

I am using the number 14 since that is how many people CFR has at each of thier retreats. Here is some info from thier website regarding fly types and the request to send in flies for a retreat:

If you are interested in contributing flies to CFR, see the list below.

FLIES NEEDED:

For fishing – Bead-head Nymphs (sizes 10, 12); Attractor Dry Flies (sizes 8-12); Terrestrials (sizes 10, 12); Wooly Buggers (lightly weighted, sizes 6, 8); Parachute Adams (sizes 10,12)

For fundraising – Special Flies or Collections (by exceptional tiers)

For participants – Put together a box of flies for each participant, each with an assortment of 6-12 flies. There are 14 participants at each retreat.

For prize drawings at the retreats – put together a box of flies for one lucky participant.

These flies are distributed where needed. If you would like to donate flies to a specific retreat, let us know! .

I am probably going to send them in for general use since i do not know of a specific retreats. If anyone is participates in any of the nationwide retreats please let me know and i will try to get our flies earmarked for that retreat.

So the first 13 with an "I'm in" are in.

Due date will be April 1st.

As soon as all flies are received I will start another round.

Please try to spread you fly choice among the 5 groups requested, since we have 14 people i would like to get atleast 2 from each group listed above.

Thanks for your interest!!!

Joe

1. Me------------- Pattern TBD

2. Pat Carroll --- Pattern TBD - Received

3. Trout Geek-----Size 10 Hopper - Recieved

4. Irish-------------Floatin Fool - Received

5. OSD ------------Parachute Adams - Received

6. Catalpa Joe ----Bead Head Nymphs - Received

7. Fry Flier---------Woolly Bugger - Received

8. Tieoneon--------Terrestrial - Received

9. Day5 ------------Size 8 buggers - Received

10. Gray Squirrel -Size 6 buggers - Received

11. fcflyguy--------Pattern TBD - Received

12. trout traveler--bead head nymphs - Received

13. Rangerman---Yellow stimulator - Received

14. Redleg --------Royal Wulff - Received

I'm in with a floatin fool

Casting foe Recovery South

2006 CFR Retreats:

Lake Logan, NC May 12-14

Green River, NC August 25-27

These retreats are sponsored in part by the Southeastern Council Federations of Fly fishers and i have acted as a guide at the last two in Western NC. A great awsome feeling to do this. The Southern Council is also a donar to the program.

Wanda Taylor one of the first woman to become a Master Certified Fly Casting Instructer with the Federation of Fly Fishers is very involved with the program.

We has organized a raffle for a week in the Bahamas with Wanda the guide. The trip is for two and tickets are $ 20. You can collect your trip at the Southeastern Council Conclave and Fly Fishing Show June 8 - 10, 2006 at Callaway Gardens, Pine Mtn, GA.

Address to send donations:

Starr Nolan

25 Tacoma Place

Asheville, NC 28801

Dave Duffy aka Irish

President Southeastern Council Federation of Fly Fishers.

I am in with a #8 wooly bugger. lightly wieghted and what ever colour you want Black or olive the most popular here.

post-3271-1137212055_thumb.jpg

I'd be happy to kick in a terrestrial of some sort. Will either be a spider or cricket. Will let you know by Monday evening.

The woman I know here who works with CFR says she has not only river/stream fishing but has a few places where it's a little more warm water oriented. And all donations are greatly appreciated!

This is a great idea/thing to do!

The woman I know here who works with CFR says she has not only river/stream fishing but has a few places where it's a little more warm water oriented. And all donations are greatly appreciated!

thanks for the info, maybe the next go'round can be warm water oriented.