Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ashby

Daughter's 2nd fly

Well this is her second one. This time she picked the fly, and the material to tie it with. She asked what the green sparkle stuff was and I told her to look around and match it, she did and then picked out the biggest peacock hurl she could find :headbang: I put mine with it so you can see them both. Her's we didn't do the rib, but that's ok. I didn't want to push my luck. She learned how to use the cal-birds tool to spin the peacock with the thread tonight and thought that was cool as snot. This one took a little hands on from me doing things like holding the material while she ties it on. When it came time for the head, I have a head tool that I use that pushes the hackle out of the way and you can do the head, well I held that too along with her while she wound the thread with her right hand. We even had my 5 year old in there climbing all over both of us. It was pretty awesome. Hope you like the fly, Kolby (my daughter) is stoked and asking when she can tie again lol.

Ashby

Brown Hackle Peacock

post-3929-1138162769_thumb.jpg

post-3929-1138162798_thumb.jpg

Those will catch fish!

I think its great that you guys tie together! Lil' lady thats one excellent fly. Maybe daddy should throw in the towel and just let you tie for him...LOL

Sam

:hyst: :hyst: @ Sam she keeps it up she will be better than me. She is really getting into it. Last night her mom got in from school at around 11 and she woke up just so she could show mommy her new fly fishy :hyst: :headbang: Pretty cool stuff, and yes I hope she takes to fishing as well and then I will have a partner for both :D Thanks for the imputs guys she really likes to see what you guys write about her flies.

Ashby

Very nice fly Kolby!! I like the peacock body & the hackle.

I think your poppa is proud as a peacock too!!

The fly you tied is one of my favorite styles to tie and fish.

Keep up the great work!!

~Chip

My lil girl just turned four and I dare not got to the bench without here. When she catches me she is quick to tell me its her turn because I've already tied 1. To avoid turns I just bought a second vise yesterday. No im gonna need a longer table so we can side by side. I tell ya rarely does a scrap get tossed she'll put anything on a hook. Only problem is everytime she's done she wants to know the name of her creation....I'm running out names!!! gonna have to get more creative I guess but it's a load of fun!!!

Keep up the good work! :)

I know the feeling. I can't tie now without the kids (all three) wanting to be in the room to watch, or tie. She did her 3rd last night. She picked it out (Green Partridge) yeah the floss about drove her up the wall. She kept trying to let go of it once she would make a wrap. One wrap, let it dangle, grab it and try for another wrap. She soon found that what daddy was saying was the better way of doing it, boy was she getting pissed :hyst: It turned out good though. She is really getting good at hackles now.

Ashby

:headbang: Great job Kolby. I'm with the others, that fly will catch fish. Dad's is pretty good too. :hyst:

Spanky

another proud pop