Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
force feeder

winter trip

wallbash.gif hay guy well it is over here it looks like with the rivers freezing besides meybe the manistee. so i herd some guys went to ark. white river and maybe others have info. becouse if it would be a productive trip it would save me from the winter blues .so it would be cool if some guy would like to take trip and maybe even some guys to meet from that area .anyway i'm thinking a month or so. I no i'm not the only one worrying about the blues so let me no may i can put together a date laugh.gif

Thank for posting that link. I was gonna reply yesterday, but year-end book keeping, along with my regular workload kept me from it.

FF, what kind of trip did you have in mind? Sure an Arkansas trip would break the blues. If that's what you're planning go and visit this site.

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bflyfishingarkansasandmissouri

Those fellas are sure to steer you in the right direction. I believe the "special regs" waters are about to re-open and will provide access to some of the best fishing in the world. Winter is a perfect time to visit. Generation will be kept to a minimum and allows wading below Bull Shoal and Norfork Dam.

Other options include fishing the upper reaches of several of our local rivers. Ice rarely forms within the first mile or 2 of the tailwaters, regardless of temps. Rivers like the Joe, Big Man, Kazoo, Au Sable and Muskegon can provide steelhead and trout-fishing. Depending on the system, some rivers won't make ice until it drops below 20 degrees if they're running at a normal flow. Take the Au Sable for instance, even if there is frazzle ice in the morning, by noon it's usually fishable.

I sure wish another trip to the Ozarks were a possibilty, but my wife is looking for some place to thaw out sometime in late February or early March. I might be forced to try some salt. dunno.gif

FF I live in Missouri and fish the ozarks regularly the link that was posted is about the best for the area . I wouldn't mind a trip to the White myself and I may even get the fishwrench to go as well. Just let me know if you are gonna go.

Tube

laugh.gif hay unceltube it sounds like your the man that no's the area and the river 's .the white is only 1river if thereare home river 's you be willing Im shure the guys also would liketo hit some fish so were ever the fish are .anyway have you alway lived MO. Iwas born in ark. and have not fished there sins I was a kid I tryed makeing it when I was there to visit famialy last year for the first time in 16 years but Iended up spending all time at hospital becouse I thout my dad was going to die so never made it to any rivers . also ark. had the worst snow &ice storm they had in like 8 years anyway I been fly fishing about 6 years now with steel drifter and he hasnt siad but I think hed go so I,m thinking feb. but there's another question for you or anyone on date what would be are best bet up in to march alrite Igota sine out headbang.gif

The last of feburary would be great for me. How many days would you guys like to fish? I can do 4 providing 2 of them are saturday and sunday. The job won't let me have more than that.

Tube

crying.gif

Haven't had many replies for the Ozark trip. I need to have some kind of an idea of how many folks may come. so far its me and Fishinwrench Hell we LIVE here dunno.gif !!! Lodging this time of year like summer is booked quick. So let me know. lots of other stuff to do there as well. Prices start around 38.00 a night for a motel , cabins are a little hard to find but ,I am still looking will post ASAP.

Tight lines, dragless drifts always,

Tube blink.gif

well unceltube it looks like well be working on other dates I gues we need more time to orginize this so maybe the guys can start thinking now I no I want some one to share driveing so come on guy put some dates out here huh.gif

Keith, I was hoping you could find a co driver. huh.gif

Just about anytime suits me for a trip down to the White . Give me some suggestions as to when you would like to go and I wil see about setting a trip up.The fishing there will be really good up until the first part of June. If you are a camper that helps as far as finding a place stay. April is probably the best time to come ( I know you will probably be chasing Steelies then!) rolleyes.gif . Like I said ANYTIME any of you guys want to fish the Ozarks just pm or e mail me and its on!!!! headbang.gif

Tight lines always,

Tube

Sign in to follow this