Fly Tying
AlG

My first wooly something

Yeah, after i put it together i realized that my "black and blue" idea didn't jive to well :) .

Good Day,

The front of the body looks pretty good. More prctise and you will be very pleased. Not too sure of the back... looks like a mix of marabou and a krinkle hair? something in the photo seems to make it look a bit large. tie a little less in for the tail. Too many folks tie in these inordinatley large and uneccasary tails to woolbuggers, Keep the tail trim and slim in my experience. Less bulk give the marabou the chance to better do its jog of undulating anfd moving in the water in a temppting fishy way. Too much and it just sort of sits there not be ing attractive as it could be. My teo cents.

\Steelie

Thanks for the tip Steelie :thumbsup: . After taking a good hard look at it i had decided to chop the tail in half, which does look better. :D

I'd suggest tying the hackle in by the tip and wrapping it that way. It will give it a tapered look. And personally, I would have fished that one. I kinda like the color combo.

Thanks Blueman.....I could actually still do that because my 1am cutting in half was actually only about a quarter off (i have really poor judgment when i'm tired i guess) :P .

Eh, probably shouldn't cut the tail. In my expierence it doesn't end up looking as good as if you left it alone. It takes away from the taper, and someone on this website said "There are no straight lines in nature". Otherwise, good job, looks better than what i was doing when I started.

cheers,

Mr. Jingles