Fly Tying
Iowaflyguy

Hi from Iowa

I have been a spin fisherman all of my life and was looking for a new challenge.

I found this sight about 6 weeks ago and have been lurking every day since. I have

tried some of the patterns and learned a lot. What an incredible wealth of information

and knowledge.

I began tying about 5 months ago and just finished building my first rod on Sunday.

I am hoping to get up to the north eastern part of the state and try some trout this summer.

With every thing to be learned here my chances will be much better.

Thanks Tom

Welcome to the forum tom! You have come to the right place to start. Now you will never be able to stop.

BFR

Well, hullo Tom. Shoot, I could just about throw a rock and hit you from here.

I've only been at this a couple years and I'm pretty much a warm water guy. Got all the pieces for my first rod lying in the basement. Maybe I'll see you on the water.

Welcome.

Welcome to the site! I have fished some spectacular water in your corner of the state...you are in a great spot to be a fly guy!

A fellow Hawkeye!!!! Welcome Tom. I make about a half dozen trips to N.E. Iowa each year, otherwise it's warmwater fishin. If I can be on any help, send me a PM.

Bake

GO HAWKS!!

I'm living in Indianapolis, but I got my degree up in Spirit Lake. I've still got lots of friends up there I visit every year in the fall.

Nice to have you aboard..

Fishy. :)

Here Ithought I was the only guy from Iowa on this forum. Oldfart your about an hour west of me, Iowa Fly guy, I work in Mason City, Hide hunter, I get down your way once a year for softball ( my daughter plays). Maybe we should get together for some fishin' some time.