Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mb82

Stealth Bomber

I have been tieing this fly for a little while. It has worked great on good size bluegill, smallmouth, largemouth, and even the occational gar has taken a swipe at these. I put a pic of the pattern you use for the foam but it does not seem to be showing up. So here it is

IPB Image

Great fly Jeff and almost indestructible. I tie it on a Gamakatsu SC 15 in 1 or 2/0. I tie a 4" Flashabou and Crystal Flash tail.

A quick jerk on the rod tip creates a "bloop" I haven't been able to duplicate with anything else.

Took my pb largemouth this year on one. 23 1/4"x 17 1/2".

A fun "fly" to fish.

Nice tie. :headbang:

That fly bears a striking resemblance to the Morrisfoam Diver, a fly developed by Skip Morris.

Good stuff. :D

Probably is. I wonder how many flys have multiple names because 2 or more people have similar ideas.

Kent edmonds would be proud of you tieing a doog renditojn of his fly and his carnival cruise too. It is different from the mirris foam diver but similar in shape. I had the pleasuer of watching and using the stealth bomber and the missle while helping with the filming of a show on Fly Fish TV several years ago that feartured Jack Dennis, Kent and Jeff Currier tieing the bomber and fishing it for some of the biggest gills I has every caught. The show was done at Callaway.

I really great fly.

Come on down to Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, GA and see Kent tie the original at the Southeastern Council Federation of Fly Fishers Conclave June 8 - 10, 2006

Irish

Thats where I saw the fly. I imediatly tied a few up and started beating up on the bass and bluegill at one of the local ponds by my parents house.