Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Taxon

Heads up: (Free) Aquatic Invertebrate Identification Manual

Just discovered Guide to Aquatic Invertebrates of the Upper Midwest by R.W. Bouchard, Jr. This identification manual is targeted at students, citizen monitors, and aquatic resource professionals. Extremely well written, it includes illustrations of most aquatic invertebrate orders likely to be encountered in freshwater environments. Larvae of aquatic insect orders are keyed/illustrated to family level. This is a great find for the budget-constrained flyfisher, as it is currently available for free download.

Nice find Taxon

What a great recource and reference. Thanks for sharing that. I think I'll even print that one out

Duckydoty

Duckydoty-

You're welcome. Yes, that's what I did. Printed the pages two-sided, and then had it plastic-spiral-bound at Office Depot with clear plastic sheets protecting the front cover and back. Makes a very attractive and extremely useful reference.

Thats a great guide with tons of info, which now sits on my hardrive. Thanks alot Taxon!

-Sam

harleyhunter-

You're welcome. I was astounded to discover such an extensive guide available on the internet.

Very cool Taxon, thanks for showing us that :headbang:

steeldrifter-

You're welcome, my pleasure.

Roger

Great reference. Thanks for posting it. The stream monitoring guide also looks interesting.

Dave-

Thanks for pointing out the Stream Monitoring Guide to me. It's probably the only link on the page I hadn't actually followed, and is also extremely comprehensive and well written.