Fly Tying
harleyhunter

Interview For Hatches

Hey Everyone,

Its been way to long. Well life has changed alot for me in the past year and now I'm starting to get up to speed on my hobbies in life. I wanna start by picking up my interviews again.

I am working on getting a confirmation from AK Best. I still have all the questions from the post last year but any new ones you would like added please PM me. I also just got off the phone with Kelly Galloup and he agreed to do one. I will make a post shortly for questions on that one. I will be checking in everyday but will not be as active as last year yet. I still have many things going on in my life and am starting off slow notto fumble things.

Also any new fly tyers you would like interviewed just ask here or in a PM.

Have a great day guys!

-Sam

Hey Sam...Welcome back my friend! An interview with A.K. Best gets my vote. I have his vise and I love it!

Sharpen your pencil!

PM sent.

Later...

Thom

OK guys AK confirmed he will still do the interview. I am emailing him the interview tonight.

-Sam

I've been a member since 2012, so I don't know what "these" were. But most of the action on this site is fun.

This was over 10 years ago. I interviewed Paul Whillock, Ron Alcot, Chris Helm, and even have a framed hand written interview with Oliver Edwards with a personalized note on his personal stationary. It was all a lot of fun!

It was a little bit of both most of the fly tyers I spoke to over the telephone. Oliver Edwards had to be a handwritten interview cuz he didn't want to share his phone number and wanted to keep his personal information discrete so I did that interview through Chris Helm who is personal friends with Oliver Edwards. I let forum members send me questions to ask certain fly tyers that they were interested in to try and gear the interview to satisfy what members of The Forum wanted. I'm sure you could reach out to SmalleiHunter and he might be able to lead you to the links if they still exist

huh?

AZrOkNgQEGcaetoliERQ_Confused%20Californ

what is the purpose of dredging up a 10 year old thread and where are these so called inteviews?

who did the interviewing?

Cuz I haven't been on this site in the last 10 years and I was the one doing the interviewing. They were originally done for hatches before it was a printed magazine.

Smallie Hunter ... Will ... rarely, if ever, actually comes on the site anymore. Steeldrifter is the moderator with admin privileges.

The only time we see a direct post from Will is when he puts something on his advertisement forum.

We use to do some pretty cool stuff back in the day. There were some really interesting interviews done with very well known tiers as well as some with local guides etc etc. We use to have the Fly Tyer Of The Year every year back 10-15 years ago which was really something, not sure many of you remember that. It was a TON of work for Will but he really use to be gung-ho back in the day and put on quite a contest for the members with hundreds of pictures of member submitted flies for the contest. He had members send the flies to him and he would photo them. I remember he use to spend 30-40 hours on just taking the pictures of flies for the contest. Use to do a lot of group outings as well, I think I meet & fished with around 40 members back in the first few years of the site.

I kind'a miss those old days like that but then again back then we had a whole staff of people to help back then. Will, myself and Hubbard use to be the Admin/Supermods and then I think we had about 6-8 other normal moderators as well for all the sections of the site.