Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
byhaugh

Why are most just viewers??

Several times now, I have posted something with the hope that I might get some information from those who come to this site. Unfortunately, many view the posts, but few if any provide any response. Why is that?

Thanks

Hi Byron,

Can't speak for other members, but I post when I feel I can contribute, and listen when I feel I cannot.

Cheers,

Hans W

I looked through your posts and the problem is your asking specific questions that we may not have the answer to. You asked if anybody has fished the "Frying Pan" and if nobody has you probably wont get a response, the same goes for "Anybody seen Terry Helleckson".

I looked through your posts and the problem is your asking specific questions that we may not have the answer to. You asked if anybody has fished the "Frying Pan" and if nobody has you probably wont get a response, the same goes for "Anybody seen Terry Helleckson".

Bingo!

Besides the "frying pan & Terry Helleckson" ones the others were asking "Who Owned the Abel Supreme Vise" and another about "fishing Colorado". Nothing wrong with asking those questions, but unless I lived in Colorado or owned a Able Supreme then theres no way I could help ya ;)

Everyone here is always more then quick to help when they can, but if its a very specific question that needs to be awnsered by someone that lives in a certian area, then that limits who can help.

I fished the Frying Pan in the 80's and 90's and dont think the info I would have given you would be current. Try some Rocky Mountain bulletin boards by doing a GOOGLE search yourself as I wont do it for you.

Terry Hellekson is at: http://www.hellekson.com/ He even has a button on his sight where you can contact him.

As stated before me, not everybody is knowledgeable in all things fly fishing or fly tying. I certainly will help when necessary. It also means that I and others have to make the effort of looking up things for people when they can do it just as well as I/we can.

Sorry for the rant.

Don't really expect anyone to look thing up for me. I guess I sort of assumed the reader wouldn't bother reading a post if he didn't know anything about the subject matter. Guess I was wrong.

I read almost every post on this site...but I only reply tyo stuff I definitely know. Since I tie mainly warmwater and saltwater flies, that is where you'll find most of my posts. I fish for trout maybe once a year in Arkansas (I now live in Lake Charles, in southwest Louisiana), but had fished for them extensively when I lived in Michigan (that was 19 years ago and the info is obviously outdated.) You'll find many of read most of the messages, just to see if we can learn something new or interesting, or find out more detail aout the questions asked. I haven't replied to any of your previous posts since I didn't have the info you wanted.

Mark Delaney

As with most others I read almost all new posts, and I feel if there is something that I can share my knowledge on then I will reply, and if I dont know anything about the subject then I will move on.

byhaugh, I am from Colorado, but haven't fished the Pan in years. There are some great forums that you can go to for lots of great information as the Pan is a favorite of many of the posters.

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=83

There is another one that I don't currently have a link for... it is the Rocky Mt. Fly Fishing site. I would also highly recommend Charlie'sflyboxinc.com. Charlie Craven has a terrific web site, ties great flies and also has a forum. If you need information about any other Colorado sites, give me a shout or try those sites. Howard

I don't reply because I don't know. If I did I would reply. I read most post in an attempt to gain information that might help me!

BFR

there are also alot of people who will just lurk in the shadows for fear of having their thoughts/views criticized by other people.

My kids beg to see Barts butt :lol: They think it's the coolest thing. My 3 year old goes EEWWWWWW!!!!!LOL!