Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MIKE*A

Thanx JBrowning!

I had been looking for a packrod for awhile so when JBrownings donated rod came up on the auction block, I bid on it.....and won! That was awhile ago, but I was just recently able to get out and use it.....Initially it was a little larger than i wanted (3 piece), but it actually fit perfectly strapped on the outside of my backpack (external frame). It's a 5-6 weight, so it's large enough to cast small poppers/deer hair for bass and at the same time, small enought to cast smaller flies fairly easily.....in my case, I was bluegill fishing recently on a campout/training hike w/my sons boy scout troop. the older boys are headed to Philmont scout reservation this summer and we spent a weekend on a training hike. On the Saturday, we stopped for lunch on the North side of a lake along a small inlet. The bottom was black and the water was considerably warmer than the main body fo the lake. i had about 45 minutes of fishing fun and broke in the new rod! The gills were very cooperative and as long as what i threw was no bigger than a size 10 and below the surface, they were all over it. It was tight casting with the trees all around me, but the fish caught to fly lost to tree ratio was definitley in my favor.

Thanx again JBrowning!

Mike :headbang: