Fly Tying
Iowaflyguy

That was scary.

I sure hope Hide Hunter is alright. Within the last 1/2 hour we had 5 tornados on the ground at one time

in a 25 mile radius of here. One passed just south of me by about a mile and a half. We got some 2"

hail and I have a large tree down in my front yard. Ihope that is all the damage. I could actually hear the

signature freight train sound of the twister. I won't even try to go out and look at the car until morning.

I don't really know where hide hunter lives but it is somewhere just south of me I think. I hope it is

far enough away that the tornado split the uprights and went between us.

I don't have any fishing reports from here. The bait fisherman are taking some crappies and the

jig fishermen some walleyes down on the Mississippi. I wanted to be down there and try for some stripers

but hurt my back and haven't even been able to leave the house. when it heals I need a little operation that

will put a crimp in my fishing for at least another 4 weeks.

And me with two virgin fly rods never been out. Every day all I can think is that I gotta go fishing. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I think I just might have to find a kiddie dock and try for bluegills. All of the streams and rivers here will

be well above flood stage for a while so thats that. Any way I am just rambling. If you are in the path of this storm please take it seriously and be well.

Tight lines

Tom

Glad to hear you are alright. I've been up since a SEVERE thunderstorm complete with hail came rolling through just after 3.

Whew - looks like you folks had your hands full up there FlyGuy. See you had a fatality in the area. Whole thing went just north of us then dropped east - so - We had it all around us but it missed.

Hope everyone's well.

takecare..g

Everything here is ok. That fatality was here in Muscatine county but about 10 miles away. I have a downed tree to clean up and my old car got some hail damage. A lot of others had a lot worse. I was down at the river today and didn't see a single fishing boat. It will probably be at or above flood stage for some time now.

But there will still be pond fishing.

Good luck and tight lines to all.

Tom