Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Slacker

Scientific Anglers L2L Connectors

More to do with fly fishing than fly tying but I figured this is the Beginners Corner right......

Anyone use the Sceientific Anglers L2L Connectors?

Was hoping to hear what people thought of them. I just started out and was given one and have a couple of questions:

1. Do you still connect a tippet to the L2L Connector?

2. How do you get the barbed leader connector separated from the line connector. With this being said, if you connect a tippet to the L2L Connector this question is moot.

Any advice or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Slacker

Nevermind, I see you already asked over there, just so you know though, your user name and password here, can be used over there, and I'm pretty sure vise versa. When I find the threads I'll post the links to them over there ;)

OLB,

Thanks for your help on this issue.

As for the sister/brother site .... I thought that my password and username would work but it has not. Whenever I log in I have a different member name.

Any thoughts on how to change this or correct it.

Thanks,

Slacker

Slacker,

I will do my best to explain.

This site runs off newer software than the other one. On this site you can have a log-in username and also a "display name" which you have done(your username is slackt). The other site does not have that feature(yet) so it only works off of your username. Hope that helps.

Thanks smallier hunter!

I won't feel stupid now that I have two member names. Close enough I guess.

Take care,

Slacker

Okay I can only speak for the original L2L's. for my fishing in ponds and beaver dams I go to I liked them except for the fact that once the leader was too short you had to cut it off and put a new one on. The L2L made a nice strike indicator and I had no problems with it coming through the guides.

Now I like the looks of the new L2L's because you can take them apart, several months ago Fly fisherman had two of the leaders attached to their magazine with a coupon to get the parts and tool to attach to your fly line but I haven't picked them up yet.

Fatman

Thanks Fatman!

As a beginner I am trying to decide if I should use them. But I am also thinking that this would be pretty lazy as I really should be doing it the regular way so I can figure everything out when it comes to line, leader and tippet.

Slacker