Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
backstroker

how do u attach the fly line to the leader?

:) I would look for the following item in your fly-shop or catalogue---"Slip On Leader Loops"---follow the simple instructions for your size of line---it slips on like a Chinese Finger Puzzle and is fastened with a piece of shrink tubing, whick you can heat with a hair dryer. Then you form a perfection loop on the back end of your leader and join the two loops as per instructions---you can now change leaders without a fuss. If your leaders use separate tippets then tie a perfection loop on the end of your leader and also on the tippets head---now you can change tippets without having to untie it all---by unlooping the materials. The Perfection Loop use will make life a lot easier---in order to learn this knot go to the Orvis web site and look for know tying instructions and watch the loop being made at your pace. :yahoo:

floro slowly sinks when fishing dries.

Right but you said

personally i prefer braided loops for quick easy changes between normal mono and florocarbor ( mono for dries florocarbon for wets and nymphs etc)

Flouro does have a higher density than mono, but I've never noticed my dries sinking from it :dunno: What size dries do you usually fish?

floro slowly sinks when fishing dries.

Right but you said

personally i prefer braided loops for quick easy changes between normal mono and florocarbor ( mono for dries florocarbon for wets and nymphs etc)

Flouro does have a higher density than mono, but I've never noticed my dries sinking from it :dunno: What size dries do you usually fish?

i ususally fsh a 14 but it really depends on whats hatching.