Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mitch

Extra $$ for Wood Workers

Returned from the mall to purchase some train track pieces for my kids.

$86 dollars later, I realized that I'm in the wrong business.

Just a thought for skilled folks out there with a good table saw: Make tracks and sell them at half price of Thomas the Tank Engine tracks. You'll have than Van Staal spinning reel in no time.

Kids....

Only $86, you got off easy. Now you need the table, roundhouse, bridges, and most importantly the male-male & female-female adaptors. Then there are the engines, videos, & a day out with Thomas. I could have bought a used boat.

Ah yes my boy is a Thomas fan, big time. Pillows, blankets, every train for the wodden tracks, more wooden track than I can afford, every video we could find, birthday party decorations, etc. I am in the wrong business sad.gif

make that anothe kid fan of thomas. Luckily he has lately moved past bob the builder, thomas the train, andd the wiggles to The RESCUE HEROES!

Much manlier toys I must say, fireman, cops, etc. Kinda cool. He is after almost 3. He has been sitting on my lap while I tie flies, kinda hard to whip finish while balancing a kid, but if he wants to watch I can only encourage it.

john

Mitch,

I've looked at special router sets for doing exactly that. Among other woodworking projects I need to get off my ass and get busy on whistling1.gif. Somehow we skipped past thomas the train although he loves to play with his cosins set. Like John's son my son (turned 4 last week) is realy into Rescue Heroes and Hunting and Fishing. He loves getting online and playing on the Rescue Heroes website. He now has about 7 of the action figures several vehicles and the Mtn Comand Center.

Back to the wood working. I have several projects to get started on real soon (before Jayhawk Jeff jumps my case biggrin.gif ) that are fly fishing related. Once I get these done I hope to post picture for you all to see.

TLs

Jim

QUOTE (J Desjardins @ Jan 19 2004, 10:14 PM)
Only $86, you got off easy. Now you need the table, roundhouse, bridges, and most importantly the male-male & female-female adaptors. Then there are the engines, videos, & a day out with Thomas. I could have bought a used boat.

John,

you forgot the crane which my boy insisted on and is named after me if I don't fish for more than a week!

I've just upgraded him to a proper train set thumbsup.gif

Ashley

just when I start thinkin' it's time to settle down and find that right lady, you guys hit me with a reality check and I realize how very lucky I really am!! Thanks guys! thumbup.gif

Yeah, Thomas the train. He`s my best friend. I love playin with his train. I give half of my money to tyin and the other half of the money to the Thomas the train stuff. Got a lifetime supply of Thomas the Train and rescue figures. You can never out grow them sons of a bitches. LOL. j_k.gif Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

QUOTE (Big Daddy Hubbard @ Jan 20 2004, 03:12 PM)
just when I start thinkin' it's time to settle down and find that right lady, you guys hit me with a reality check and I realize how very lucky I really am!! Thanks guys! thumbup.gif

Chris you can't think that. We didn't even talk about morning sickness, collic, peeing on you, etc yet. But its all worth it. tongue.gif

Table...check

Trains, cars, and what-not...check

DVDs and videos...check (Honey, why is George Carlin narrating a children's story?)

Rescue Hero's Aquatic Command Center...check (it's within arm's reach of the train table).

Big plastic castle complete with slide, tower, and escape hatch that has become the neighborhood hang-out...check

smiles...check

My wife said some of this suff costs too much. I say it doesn't cost enough.