Fly Tying
sniksoh

does any one here go mushroom hunting???

my dad got a bunch of mushrooms, and i was wondering if anyone knows some different ways to cook them?

Battered in flour and deep fried in butter, mmmmmmmmm

My father in law found an 5 point Elk horn out mushroom hunting today :headbang:

sure do. Morels I suppose given the time of year. I hope they aren't false morels as they are poisononous. I think the tradition in the midwest is battered and fried but we do not have them in any quantity here to do that. Sauted in butter is good. Canelloni stuffing is good. Or make a past sauce by sauting in butter or olive oil and then adding cream (say 15%), pour over fettuccini with grated parmesan. Check out the mushroom expert/morel site for some recipes:

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/recipes.html

Good eating. Can't wait until they appear here in eastern Quebec

Used to a lot 25-30 years ago and haven't done it in 20 because all the places had been bought and overly developed :angry:

Day5.....amen.......enough said. LOL I'm afraid I've never gone mushroom hunting. I would end up killing myself and anyone else who partook in them.............Tight Lines and Bad Fungi Free y'all. James D TB7

I have tried my hand at it, with moderate success over the years. My favorite way to have fresh shrooms sauted with onions, garlic, butter, and white wine over a couple of nive brown trout fillets. MMMMMMM Catch and release, but when mushrooms and venison are in my possesion I always harvest a couple of fish. Enjoy the shrooms.

We mushroom hunt every year, found about 500 so far this year. Some of them are 8-10 inches tall!!!!!!

We dip them in egg, roll them in cracker crumbs and fry them in buttery flavored Crisco.

I have tried my hand at it, with moderate success over the years. My favorite way to have fresh shrooms sauted with onions, garlic, butter, and white wine over a couple of nive brown trout fillets. MMMMMMM Catch and release, but when mushrooms and venison are in my possesion I always harvest a couple of fish. Enjoy the shrooms.

*drool*

I used to hunt 'shrooms. Yep, me and pappy, we'd take the dogs and head out early in the mornin' with our 30/06's and when them dogs would run one down...

BLAM!

Good times, man, good times.

boil some cubensis in water for 5 min, toss the boiled shrooms, put a tea bag in the water, little milk and sugar. Even your drab looking flies will appear psycadelic, and alive. Just kidding.

boil some cubensis in water for 5 min, toss the boiled shrooms, put a tea bag in the water, little milk and sugar. Even your drab looking flies will appear psycadelic, and alive. Just kidding.

OHHHHHH, so thats how you come up with those sweet looking color schemes on your realistics :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmshrooms not since high school!!!

lol you took my answer lol... yeah we find the christmas tree mushrooms out by our cabin on current river. not sure what they are called, but My grandpa showed me the lil secret patch about 5 years ago and it produces enough for a good mess of batter fried shrooms when we have a fish fry. i love fried shrooms. sure do taste better than that raw shit I ate in college lol. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: