Fly Tying

Have been playing around with combining synthetic and natural materials to come up with a realistic blacknose dace imitation. Have had great action with this one. Looks killer when wet.

Pay no attention to the epoxy bubbles... :blink:

post-1372-1147041402_thumb.jpg

Looks great, Chris. excelent profile, no wonder this fly sees some action. how about a quick reciepe?

Looks cool Chris :thumbsup: What is the tail made up of? Bubbles in epoxy don't matter when the fish smack it ;)

Regards

WW

Wicked fly....but the devils suck.

Well, they certainly sucked yesterday....but the Devils can suck for at least one more round..... :P

Looks great, Chris. excelent profile, no wonder this fly sees some action. how about a quick reciepe?

Tail - Trimmed Henback or Brahma Hen feathers

Body - black wool

Wing - Russian squirrel over small bunch of smoke Unique Hair

Belly - Steve Farrar Blend 'off white' (will have to double check this color name)

Throat - red hackle fibers

Eye - prismatic stick on, placed on body behind thread head

Head - overcoat front end with epoxy to slightly past eye

Not quite finished tweaking it yet, but it works very well as-is. Attached another pic of it wet.

post-1372-1147055313_thumb.jpg

Great idea. :headbang:

Awesome job!

I love it.

Have you tried that round dusk in the Gorge? I'm certain that will move some of the bigger browns.

~James

Thanks guys.

Have you tried that round dusk in the Gorge? I'm certain that will move some of the bigger browns.

Not yet James. Have only taken it out on the Musky so far. Tons of action. I imagine it will produce especially well wherever there are lots of dace. So far, so good.... Will get it down to the Gorge soon and give you a report.

Hey Chris it looks like one of Herters Steamers . You could write a great little pamphlet about how these are real killers unlike those eastern streamers that catch fisherman :devil:

Hey Chris it looks like one of Herters Steamers .

You cut me deep, Royce... :down:

You could write a great little pamphlet about how these are real killers unlike those eastern streamers that catch fisherman :devil:

Those Maine streamers? Real dogs. :crazy: :poop: