Fly Tying
fly time

What do you do?

Ditto on Vices and Maddog48. Disabled vet - can perform any function of construction and maintenance of abode for domicility. Was paid to learn all facets of home construction from slabs to foundations through framing wiring, roofing, electrical.....

Applied this knowledge to perform similar function as estate gardener for wealthy lady as seen in Driving for Miss Daisy. Performed all functions of gardening entailing 3 acres of formal gardens to include roses in Central Oregon 110 - 115 day growing season. 30' X 50' vegetable garden totally organic featured in Sunset Magazine on three separate occasions.

Service connected disability elevated attended college to procure Bachelor of Science in Horticulture. Single parent of 8 year old completed degree plan in 42 months 3.65 at community college and graduated Oregon State University Bachelor of Science 3.66 gp Honors at both locations oldest student in degree plan 30 years since high school.

Had never touched a computer till 1995. Now have the ability to employ GPS instrumentation (in possession of) to map landscapes employing seconds of time measurement per feature then transform through autocadd to hard copy.

Mapped a golf course to satisfy internship.

Identify 1012 trees in 27 species, diameter at breast height, locate, assess quality of tree with 4 variables. Broken top, healthy tree etc..

Wetlands area to protect.

Sensitive plant for butterflies.

Sensitive butterfly nesting area.

some cart paths.

some fairways.

all buildings.

all parking lots.

all landscape plants.

Locate point in estuary required from bank to attain sufficient depth for new irrigation pump installation.

Super could sit at computer with arborist and discuss pruning strategies of storm damaged trees and select replacement trees for removal zones from existing tree base to include nursery on the golf course.

took six weekends using university vehicle and staying with superintendent.

Now medically retired. On a therapy jaunt. GONE FISHING

I guess you could say I am a gardener fisherman.

later

fred

I am a disabled war vet, too, but only 30% rating. I am a part-time mechanical engineering student. I work full time as a shift supervisor for a world famous hospital and research facility in the Memphis area, and as a husband to a wonderful woman and father to a sweet little girl :baby: .

Oh, and sometimes I get to tie some fluff on a hook and sling it at fish, too :P .

Salesperson at the local Orvis store. Basicly I get to look at a bunch of flyfishing gear all day and hear about how good the fishing is but never get a chance to go fishing myself anymore.

Hehe kinda hard to tell if it the worst job on earth...or the best huh, mb82? :dunno: :P -jason

Yeh worst thing is I have to lie to customers and tell them I actually use the stuff we sell. I might try a few rods out but I don't think I will buy any. But the view out into the mall is nice :D

You Lie, Why dont you just say you spin fish only and never heard of Orvis till you started working there, dont know bout the rods but their reels kick ass, I would trade you jobs any day of the week, you can lay block, put on roofs, dig in the dirt, and frame up houses and Ill sit in the Orvis store and watch all the good lookin girls walk through the mall, plus you are in the AC all day, I would give my left nut to just have a mall within an hour of me much less work in one that has an Orvis store in it.

But now i moved up white hat run crew in yard.go to job sites when called.Life sucks some days but i'm in charge.Nice to do this once in a while.Cause everytime we do something about my work changes.

Rick

Heck Rick I thought you got fired!!! I see you posting at 945 at night and I figured that you eather got fired or are sneakin time on the bosses puter!!! So you did not have to do the 15hrs today huh!!!

I work for a car was sales company I fixes em!!! Some hi/tech some nuts and bolts..... boss leaves me alone and I cover the best steelhead water in the world SWMI!!!!!

Day5, best steelhead water in the world????????? I think it's kind of hard to beat the Clearwater River in Idaho.