Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

The 5,000 member mark has been meet and past!

Well just this morning I noticed we were about 10 or 12 members away from hitting the 5,000 member mark. Now not even 24 hours later I see we have not only meet, but surpassed the 5,000 member mark and are currently at 5,009 members.

And all in less than 3 years :yahoo:

I think SmallieHunter deserves a big pat on his tiny little back :D

Will...Nice job buddy! never thought 3 years ago when it was just about 6 of us talking back and forth to each other that a mere 3 years later we would be 5,000 strong!

:flex:

Steve

WOW !!!! Just think I was member 2600ish just over a year ago!!!! I was just thinking about what it must take for Will and the admins to run this site. I know how many hours a month I put in to mine working on new pic and new pages upgrades etc.... It has to be dwarfed in comparison!!! So first off I need to think Will and the admin for a awesome job with this site!!!! And to think I get to be here for Free!!!! Second of all Id like to thank the members ! This is a unbelievable collection of people Most fly fishers that I meet are orvis snobs and could give 2 sh!+s abuit any one!! I have learned so much in the last year you guys are more than helpful!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

:headbang: :headbang:

Awesome!!!! That's really amazing. It doesn't surprise me though, I think that if FTF isn't already rated the #1 online fly tying resource it should be very soon.

I think word of mouth is probably one of the biggest promoter's of the site, funny enough I was speaking with a customer of mine last night and he was asking about realistic fly tying. First thing I reccommended was joining Fly Tying Forum and that from that point on his limitations and possibilities are endless.

He's also very keen on the FTOTY contest and I'm hoping he'll participate.

For me this place is more than just a resource it's now a way of life and I'm very proud to be a part of such a great group of like minded fly tyer's and look forward to logging on everyday and I look forward to many more years watching the size of FTF grow and grow and grow.

Congratulations Will!!! Congratulations to all the founding Admins and mod's on making this site trouble free, spam free, politically, religiously, and ethically neutral as so many sites out there can become such a hostile place one wishes to no longer frequent them, you've all stayed true to the vision and maintained this environment for all lto enjoy.

All the Best Guys,

Damian

For me this place is more than just a resource it's now a way of life and I'm very proud to be a part of such a great group of like minded fly tyer's

ABSOLUTELY, I could not agree more.

Thanks everyone for keeping the ideas flowing and keeping things civil, for the most part, and enjoyable.

More to the point though thanks to Will and Steve for the countless hours keeping all us clowns in check and continuing to better what is as far as I am concerned the single most important off water influencing factor of my fly fishing passion.

Cool and impressive. A big hand for everybody!!

Way to go guys, without your hard work and extra time this site wouldn't be what it is today and what it will be in the future.

Hip-Hip-Hooray!!Hip-Hip-Hooray!!Hip-Hip-Hooray!!

Congratulations,

Chip

5,000 members and I have yet to find one that I like.... :hyst:

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I have seen alot of forums lately where there is a fight and an arguement everyday. I'm glad this place doesn't have that problem, I think the enjoyment of running the site would fade very quickly.

As always it is the mods and the members who make this place what it is. I just write the software to make that happen.

For me this place is more than just a resource it's now a way of life and I'm very proud to be a part of such a great group of like minded fly tyer's

Well I have to agree with you all........or is that "YALL"............. :P

A special thanks to Will , Steve and all the Admin and contributors to the site.

Mike........................ B)

Great job Will and everyone! This is by far my favorite forum of the 20 or so forums I frequent (not all fishing releated!).

Cheers!

"For those about to rock...we salute you"

Thanks for all the hard work..this site is a fun place to be.

Hot Tuna

PS Thanks to all the members for all the great input!

B)

Congrats Will :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I know when I signed up with all the other new sites I thought wow if he gets 2000 that will be great but man 5000+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go and here's to getting bigger and stronger.

Fatman