Fly Tying
day5

Slenkgo

A new addition to the fly pattern database has been submitted by day5:

Slenkgo (click link for more info)

img446685d3e1f0f.jpg

So I have been trying to come up with a fly to replace the senko worm that I fish with my spin rod. After Trying many different ideas that were look a likes. But did not fish near as well I decided to try a idea and not try to make a look alike but a acts alike fly. So here is what I came up with a fly that sinks very slow and and and more importantly sinks flat or horizontal like a senko. It also can be striped/ jerked like a slugo. Thus the name SLENKGO. I have made 20 casts with the purple and white one on 2 lakes and have gotten 3 pike 2 bass and one really pissed off dogfish!!! :headbang: :headbang: . the purple and white on is the one that I tied for the LMB swap. The yellow and olive one is marabou and crosscut rabbit wrapped together for a nice perch look. Im pretty pumped about this fly I think I may have a good replacement for the senko!!! I guess I need to fish some more and see. This may look like a normal leach but I did add some tricks to get it to fish flat. It isn't a normal leach!!

Nice looking ties :headbang:

Remember back in the days fishing the purple and white stripe K&E Bass Stoper :devil:

That worm caught tons of Bass! Funny I haven't fished one since i was 12 :blink: Maybe because of the price hike LoL!

Brent

Brent I have a brother who swears by the worm 3 hook with weed gaurds not the 2 hook one they suck!!!! :hyst: Check out the pearch colored one!!! in the water!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

post-2608-1147571929_thumb.jpg

post-2608-1147571944_thumb.jpg

post-2608-1147571954_thumb.jpg

Hey Brent, the purple and white K&E is still one of the best things to use in southern Michigan. I have won several tournaments with its assistance.

Man, that is a great looking tie! I want to do more bass chasing this year, and this one is on the list. Thanks for sharing it!