Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
albertfly

Greetings from the other side of the Planet

Hi there,

I'm a new member to this forum. I'm from Singapore (South East Asia) have fishing for the past 36 years. 2 years ago, my close fishing buddy started me fly fishing. Two weeks ago, I started to learn to tie my own flies.

We do a lot of saltwater fishing and still water fishing in reservior.

I look forward to learning from the senior and experience members in this forum.

regards

Albertfly

Welcome welcome welcome there is no other side of the world. The only world for this group is the world of fishing. It doesn't appear to matter where you fish or for what. Only that you fish.

Hope to hear about the fishing in Singapore.

later

Fred

Dear Bud and Fred

Thank you for the warm welcome.

The main species that I target here in Singpore for freshwater is

IPB Image

South American Peacock Bass. They take flies readily.

IPB Image

We use #00 right up #4 rod on them.

IPB Image

The there are many varieties of cichlids such as the Tilapia buttikoferi

IPB Image

Once a year, a group of us will travel up to our northern neighbour Malaysia, to fish for Hampala Barb. Large speciment can grow up to 6kgs and will make mincemeat out of your #6 rod.

IPB Image

2 months ago, I had a short vacation with my wife in Thailand and took a day to fish for Barramundi. It was awesome to see a 7 kg of muscle launch itself off the water upon hookup.

I have been fortunate that for the past two years, my flyfishing buddies have been very generous and filled my fly box with files. I need to learn to tie my own files and hope to learn from you'll here at this forum.

Will post some pics as soon as I have tied some decent ones. Right now I must have tied and cut some 20 flies. They are looking like a bunch of unruly furs and feathers lashed on to a hook. :P

regards

Alberto

Welcome, and those are some great picts, enjoy all of the great folks and great info around here!!, glad to have ya.

Dustin---AKA---fly time

Welcome. Great photos, Alberto. It is really exotic. I look forward to hearing and seeing more of our fishing adventures.

Welcome Aboard - looking forward to your input. Don't be shy about showing us your flies right from the beginning because your tying skills will get better if you start asking questions and receiving answers early on.

Hi DFix,

Thanks you and to everyone for the warm welcome to this forum.

I have shown some of my first trys at a deceiver and posted it at the "What type of fly was your first ever?" thread at http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=13042&st=45.

I have tied other patterns so should I start a new thread or join some that has already started?

regards

Alberto

Hey, Those are great pics!! I pretty new at this also, and everyone around here is really helpful. :headbang: :headbang: