Fly Tying
Andreas

"Araneus Diadematus"

Hi Andreas,

I love it... overall it looks fantastic, cool coloring, nice mouth, nicely proportioned, nice legs, and your photography is exceptional. Great work!!!

Graham

Its great to have another realistic tyer on the forum. Especially one with you talent. Great work!!!

Realistic spider along with scorpions are my favorite!!!

-Sam

Great one Andreas, can't wait to see more! Where are you situated? Where are you from? Andreas sure sounds like a scandinavian name to me and it's always nice to see more of us here :)

/Ulf

I live just south of stockholm/sweden. Check out www.elmerfishing.com for more info about me :)

Great so have you hear! Now we have people from norway, sweden and finland. I think that Graham soon will be wondering what he has done to derve beeing stuck with all these scandinavians, LOL!

/Ulf

Suomalainen ruotsalainen ja norjalainen haaksirikkoituivat pienelle saarelle. Saarella asui ihmisssyöjäheimo, jonka vangeiksi kaverukset joutuivat. Ihmissyöjät antoivat heille kullekin viimeisen toivomuksen. Ensin kysyttiin Norjalaiselta. Norjalainen halusi nähdä vielä kerran vaimonsa. Vaimo haettiin norjalaiselle. Vaimonsa nähtyään norjalainen syötiin ja hänen nahastaan tehtiin kanootti. Suomalainen tahtoi vetää yhden sätkän. Suomalaiselle hommattiin sätkä. Sen poltettuaan suomalainen syötiin ja hänen nahastaan tehtiin kanootti. Kun tuli ruotsalaisen vuoro, hän tahtoi haarukan. Ruotsalainen alkoi tökkiä itseensä reikiä haarukalla, ja huusi: MINUSTAHAN EI KANOOTTIA TEHDÄ!

Hey Ulf, Don't forget us Americans of Swedish ancestory. I'm 50% Swedish...IrIsh too!

Very nice spider Andreas...How did you tye it! Love the legs.

Thom

sullyTM;

In short, the spider's abdomen is made up of spun deer-hair, quite heavily varnished and "painted" with marker pen's. The legs is made up of regular monofilament/nylon line, 1x and 3x maybe, not sure :P My dubbing needle was heated up with a lighter, and used to make the characteristic bends in the legs. This require some practice, to learn how the nylon reacts to your red-hot dubbing needle!

The "mouth" is made from two CDC-feather stems, with a varnished fibre of some sort as "teeth"/jaw.

..::Andreas::..