Fly Tying
day5

June challenge

Hey Thom, Sweet looking fly!!! BTW... I sent you a rather long e-mail the other day, thanking you for sending me your amazing looking stonefly nymph, and today I found out I sent the e-mail to someone else. LOL... I need to rush off to work now, but later I want to take some pics of your fly and post them here. Thanks Buddy.

Later,

Graham

Hey Thom,

Great looking Salmonfly buddy. Your tying really inspires me. I just wish I had more time to tye realistics. Work is driving me crazy. I am working on getting your stonefly nymph and his cousin in my display case, they both really inspire me and give me great ideas. Great tie buddy.

-Sam

Hey guys,

All your stuff is looking great. I think its great too see some of the great work being produced.

I just finished mine, I need to add more color, but I just had to post it. I guess mine is an almaganation of all the techniques I've learned, Plus A few of my own. The legs I think I've improved on. color is a problem, but I'll try and fix that soon.

Also, as for wings I used the leaf vein wings as well. But I tried somthing new. It's difficult to pick out in the photo, but instead of using scotch tape, I coated the wings in three coats of hard as nails.. So no tape, but still makes the wings translucent. Pretty cool. Give it a try, see if you like it.

Gopher

post-1941-1149657535_thumb.jpg

post-1941-1149657575_thumb.jpg

post-1941-1149657614_thumb.jpg

post-1941-1149657665_thumb.jpg

Hey Gopher,

WOW...You have some serious skills!!! What an amazing looking fly your produced, and the wings look fantastic. I'm really happy to see your stuff, thanks for sharing. You've set the bar high for this challenge.

Graham

Thanks for the great replies guys. I'm not sure I set the bar high, but I do my best.

gopher