Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
backstroker

Paintball

Im just wondering if anyone on this site paintballs. I just went for the first time on monday is it is amazingly fun!

Im also wondering if someone knows of a good gun under about $200, as an 8th grade graduation present (my parents finally gave in and said i could get 1)

Thanks

Backstroker

I would highly recommend the Custom 98 by Tippmann. It is just under $200, and VERY durable and upgradeable. The basic model does not have a large enough trigger to fit two fingers in for rapid fire, but you can upgrade it later to have this feature and more.

Yes, paintballing is very much fun! I did it up to about 15 years ago. We didn't play "capture the flag", we played a version of "fox and geese". One guy, the fox, gets a headstart, and from 4 to 10 guys hunt him. If the fox 'paints' everybody, all the geese, he/she wins. If someone 'paints' the fox, the team (geese) wins. I loved playing the fox, I've been called sneaky. We thought our version was more fun than "capture the flag". I'm sorry but my info on a good paint ball gun or other equipment is about 15 years out of date. Have Fun. Ralph

OOOOOOHHHHHH you said the magic word PAINTBALL, I used to play pro for a team that I was the captian of called BAD KARMA, we have played every where and been on ESPN, I just currently got out of it and now Im fixin to sell everything that I own for $1000, thats everything but my jersy, cause i might play again. I also worked for Scary Creek Paintball, its the largest in my state, I worked there for 2 years, and during that time I became a certified ref, airsmith, and gun tech, and was the head ref as well as done all of the feild maintenence.

Oh yea dude I almost forgot, for the 200 dollar range go with the Tippmann A5, 98 Custom, and if you get a Tippmann you should really go with the flatline barrel system, its great for rec ballin, Another good gun is a Spyder, I have built and customized many of em and they kick ass, especially with an electronic trigger frame, or I will build and ship you a custom gun, just pm me.

Tippman 98 is the AK-47 of paintball. Cheap nearly unbreakable and fairly acurate out of the box.

FlyTime You played for BadKarma? Wholy___________ You guys where my teams idols.

I gave up the sport when little 12 year old punks were coming out playing with Angels beating up on me on saturday then on Monday would bring the gun in to have it fixed because they broke something again and mommy would just shell out the money for it and 10K balls. Basicly I saw where the sport was going and I didn't like it. But today I pulled my Spyder out and thought about filling the tanks up and getting a case of balls just to shoot again.

I'm not too hardcore, but I dabble in paintball. I would have to second the 98 custom. I kind of like the Spyder E-99 and it's 6 round burst, though. :headbang:

~Bryce

I'm not too hardcore, but I dabble in paintball. I would have to second the 98 custom. I kind of like the Spyder E-99 and it's 6 round burst, though. :headbang:

~Bryce

Have they fixed the feeding problem with the E-99? I remember when it came out even with the special hopper you would break half the balls since they could not be force in fast enough.

~Bryce

Have they fixed the feeding problem with the E-99? I remember when it came out even with the special hopper you would break half the balls since they could not be force in fast enough.

I have no idea, man. It's been forever since I've shot one. I do remember playing with a guy who was using one and his cut up balls like crazy. He carried this little field cleaning kit with him to fix it on the go. It was still sweet when it actually worked, though. :D

~Bryce

Yeah, any Tippman will serve you very well. I have buddies with 98's and A-5's. I personally have a Kingman TL-X with the sniper barrel and really like it. It's a reliable, durable gun. We play woods ball, so we're pretty hard on our gear, but so far so good. When my current gun dies on me, the A-5 with the cyclone feeder will be my next gun. The flatline barrel for the Tippmans is nice to have. One of my friends has one on his 98 but it doesn't really make that much of a difference in close quarters. One thing I learned the hard way as I'm sure many of you have, spend the extra money for a thermal lense mask. Playing in any weather over 70* without one will just cause too much frustration with your mask fogging up. We tried all kinds of solvents "guarenteed" to eliminate fogging and have yet to see any that actually work. The best stuff I found is anti-fog for diving masks but even that will not prevent it, it just delays the fogging. My new thermal lense has yet to fog up even in 90* conditions.

Gonna shoot a little bit this evening.....lookin forward to the carnage!!

You will need a halo TSA loader to feed it correctly so it won't chop all to f@$k, and the thing that is most important is goggles, I suggest the Dye Invision, I have played countless tournies, and in all weather from indoors to rain to the sandy beaches, and you can't fog em, best gogs ever made.

2 of my friends have had problems with their halos, both cracked off the feed neck off em. 1 slipped and the jolt cracked it, one puled behind a bunker and the jolt also broke it... I know i need a fast hopper an electra, but how much is a halo?

I have a Halo B TSA front man loader that is a little used but in great shape I only used it in 3 tourneys to please some of our sponsers, and had lots of picts taken of me with it on my gun for magazines, Im willing to let it go for 30 bucks, it comes in orig box with the orig price tag, it was priced close to $100 bucks, its clear and works great, also I suggest comp air to CO2, it is way better for your gun, and the reason for your buddies loaders breaking is the feed neck clamp was torqued to much, its a common occurance.