Fly Tying
SwampHunter

One Dry Fly?

I'm going to have to agree with everyone who said an adams, lot's of time I don't see any bugs about or just plain don't feel like finding what's hatching I just tie on an adams, and well, if the fish are there and my presentation is right , I catch them.

A convertible, created for the Snake River one fly contest. You can turn it into just about anything with a pair of nippers.

My number one dryfly would have to be Nelson's Caddis. See the how to in the step by step forum. I luv that fly so much that I feel I have to spread the word! I mostly fish the Kennebec River in Maine which has some pretty amazing caddis hatches so I might be biased. :D

I love how everyone says that they work every time...I wish! :P

I would say for me, it would be an adams, or a royal wulff.

I have a lot of faith in the Elk Hair Caddis (plus I can tie it) so that would be my choice.

My Adams all look horrible.

I like Al's suggestion of the Renegade - a very good 'searching' pattern. If pressed, however, I'd opt for the EHC in tan body. Though the streamer nut in me wants to say a Hornberg dressed with dry fly hackle, casted upstream and allowed to drift like a surface caddis, and then pulled under at the end of the drift and stripped in... :D

I would have to say an Elk Hair or Deer hair Caddis and don't forget that Caribou hair works good also.

FH