Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
davenielsen

gday from oz

gday everyone

im a newbie from queensland,australia.Ive been fishing for nearly all of my 42 years of age and have been fly fishing for about 8 or so years.Most of it in the salt but have done a bit in the fresh when possible.Looking forward to chatting and learning more about our great sport with anyone keen to exchange

ideas

Cheers Dave

Welcome to the site Dave. There is a lot of people with a lot of knowledge on here and all willing to give it out. This place rocks as you will see, IMO the best site on the web. Enjoy and see you around.

Ashby

Good Day Dave

Welcome, welcome, welcome. Visited your homeland in 1969. Had a great time. Almost went to see Hair. Didn't like the idea of standing room only. Met an awfully cute young lady there. Seems someone had pinched her purse and required a ride home. That's what taxis are made for. Took her home and called the next day.

Spent my entire R&R with her.

Great fun and welcome to a site with a great bunch of fisherpeoples. Ready to share all that I know.

later

Fred

thanks guys for your warm welcome,looking forward to exchanging ideas

i do most of my fishing either in the estuary or close inshore,we are lucky enough here in qld to

be able to fish for tuna and other pelagics in the morning as well as chase bass(australian) or barramundi in the evening in some of our freshwater dams

GDay to you too Dave,

I'm Albert from this part of the planet as well (Singapore).

You are fortunate as there are some fantastic fishing to be had in Oz.

I hope to vist my wife's uncle in Melbourne next year and fly fish as well.

Keep in touch and if you are ever over in Singapore, let me know and we can fish together.

regards

Albert

gday albert

great to hear from you.had a look at some of your pics-great fish mate.Victoria has some good brown and rainbow trout to be caught but the best fishing if you can get across the bass strait from melbourne is in Tasmania where there are rainbow,brown trout as well as Atlantic Salmon to be caught.I saw trout up to

15lbs that people have caught in some of the lakes there.

that pic of the barramundi is a cracker.the dams in central queensland near where i live and work have been stocked with them for the last 8 or so years and now guys are catching fish up in the 40-50lb bracket.Ive bought a 10wt to try and hopefully will get one on fly this year once the weather warms up again in August

Good luck with the tying and ill catch up eith you soon mate

Hi Dave,

I guess its been my dream since I started fly fishing to catch trout some day and there is this place near Melbourne called Goldbourne Valley that has trout ponds. I hope to make a trip there.

Tasmania is world famous for its flyfishing as well.

Some other spot that is in my mind is Tinaroo where I have seen videos of huge monster barras. It makes me go weak in the knees. Another is Weipa where some of my friends has gone and fished there a couple of years ago. They have not stop talking about how good the place is.

So many place to fish, so little time to do it.

regards

Alberto

hey albert

sounds good doesnt it.its a shame we have to go to work.i only do it to earn enough money to go fishing lol.

a friend of mine just got back from a week in weipa and had a great time.i think he and his friend caught 36 species between them for the week.

lake tinaroo is up north near cairns but now there are dams all the way down the queensland coast that have barramundi that are over a metre long (3ft) in length.

ill keep in touch and let you know how things are going in my neck of the woods in the meantime

Cheers Dave