Fly Tying

another hobby of mine

I thought I would share some of what I have been getting into the past couple of months. Since getting my digitial SLR I have renewed my passion for photography. Back before I got married I spent countless hours shooting with an old manual film SLR and back then the idea of digital photography was a dream. When I got married I had to give up on photography because it was very expensive. Now they are making digital SLRs that can produce professional quality images with the added bonus of being able to do quite unique things to your images during post processing plus shooting pics is now free(gotta love that). Being a computer programmer/graphic artist by trade gives me the software and knowledge to do some pretty cool things.

Anyway, lately I have been taking some of my photos, converting them to black and white and then coloring them with a splash of color. My wife wants me to do enough in this style to cover an entire wall. It is not incredibly hard but it takes along time to create and requires a steady hand.

Here are a few I have done, I have many more in various stages. Hope you like em.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Great pics smalliehunter. Digital is really cool and you obviously have a nice camera and lots of talent.

Spanky

Wow, Will, those are great!

I have tons of digital equipment and a decent eye but lack the computer skills to fully bring my images to life. I envy your ability!

All the best,

John

Fry,

I use Photoshop for all of my image editing.

Thanks for the compliments guys, coloring images like that can be a real pain but I love the outcome. I have one of Jakob that I have over an hour into already and am still not even close to being done

Pretty Cool Will. :headbang:

My wife has always loved those types of photos as well.

-Sam

Good stuff Will! You need a pic of a smallie jumping out of the water to color with the rest of the photo in black and white, that would be cool.

john

Will you are to good at both tying and photogrtaphy to call them hobbbies!!! Passion is a better word!!

Great picts! Those will be some memory shots for sure.

You took some great pictures and made them tryuly memorable!

Tim

Hi Will, great pictures. You have me thinking about getting a SLR camera now. I used a 35mm years ago so it isn't like I would be over my head. But I have one question. Are you using the same camera for these pics as you use for your fly pictures?

Jim