Fly Tying
Joe Hard

Striped Bass Swap

I am still waiting on a set of flies. Once they are here I will take a photo of them and then a set photo and get them in the mail to everyone.

I am glad you guys told me about the links. I will see what I can do

I went to the post office yesterday, nothing. I did not make it today, and will stop in tomorrow. The last set of flies I am waiting on are done and on the way. There was an illness in this swap members family, and the swap was forgotten about, perfectly understandable. (I have already mentioned this in a previous post.)

The last update I made about this swap was that when the final package arrived the flies would be sent back as quick as possible. By the looks of things it will be next week. This is my first swap and I had hoped it would of went better than it did. I want to thank everyone that participated. I appreciate every ones patients, and want to say thanks for the extras to those who said to keep them.

Hang in there it is only going to be a few more days!!

Daryn: Sorry that your first swapmeistering experience hasn't been as smooth as it might have been. You've obviously tried hard to keep this swap on an even keel, and the drop-outs and tardy submissions haven't been your fault.

Bill

I don't know about everyone else, but I think it is time to send out the flys that have been received. Anyone this late just return what they send.

Swapmeister to keep all extras for his trouble.

Any other thoughts?

Rick

I don't know about everyone else, but I think it is time to send out the flys that have been received. Anyone this late just return what they send.

Any other thoughts?

Rick

Rick: I think that Daryn, as swapmeister, should handle this as he sees fit. We've not seen PMs he's exchanged with the person from whom he's waiting to receive flies, and I'd like to give him the opportunity to work things out on everybody's behalf.

Bill

Any other thoughts?

Rick

Thats what I asked for on the 25th of October!!! Its always "I'm waiting for flies" :dunno: :wallbash:

I even added an extra dozen flies for him to keep for being the swapmeister. Wont be doing that again!

As a person who has hosted many swaps, I would have already sent the flies out, and put return to sender on the late ones, no one should be this late in getting flies in for a swap!!!!! Granted I have been late in getting flies in, but come on, its been over a month!!! So I agree with VARick!!! just my opinion!!

Bill is right I am the swapmeister, and the swap members flies I am waiting for has an illness in his family. I recently lost my mother to something very similar. I also said I would send the flies out this week. Did you not read that!!

Quit acting like a bunch of ball babies and wait!!! You will get your flies very soon!! I received four sets of flies on time!! So I really dont want to hear about lateness. I am sorry if I offend any of you but I am getting tired of repeating THAT A MEMEBER OF THIS SWAP'S FAMILY MEMBER HAS A SERIOUS ILLNESS!!!!

The flies are sorted and will be sent out the very first opportunity I can get.

Daryn, I can understand an illness in the family, and thats all you had to say, you didn't have to be such an ASS about it, its just that some of the swappers are a bit concerned!!!!!! your comments are a bit outta hand, and Im not the only one that thinks this, and Ill add this as well, just keep my set of flies, and for the rudness in the previous post Ill never participate in another swap with you again!!!! and I can understand why you have the problems with people that you have mentioned in previous posts!!!!!! your attitude sucks!!!!

I dont really care if you get offended by this now, Im just being man enough to say what the other members wont!!!!

Dustin.

I don't know I'd go as far as Dustin on the comments.. but a month late is a bit much. If that been me with family problems I would have just dropped out and hoped that everyone would understand.

As far as being a cry baby.. wa wa lets get this one over so I can move on and hope the next one I join goes better.

Rick

I said what I did, because that post struck a nerve with me, and made me highly pi$$ed off, the crybaby comment, I just think he needs to put the shoe on the other foot!!!! if it was a swap someone else was hosting, and Daryn was waiting on flies, he would be concerned as well, I just thought the crybaby comment was BS!!!!! and mabey I took mine too far, but Im not too concerned about it now, and thats all Im gonna say.

Dustin.

As to the member who is having the family issues, I hope all is well with you and your family, and if you wish I will pray for you and your family!! just send me a pm, and Im not upset with you at all.

Guys: This certainly has gotten out of hand.

Yes, everybody who has submitted flies for this swap is waiting for their package. Folks have a right to disagree with Daryn's decision to give somebody a lot of extra time and hold off on sending the packages, but I don't figure that was reason enough to start posting pissy messages. I might be missing part of the story if PMs were going back and forth, and I'm new to the forums and swaps, so I don't know (and don't care to know) about past conflict between members. I do think that Daryn has done a good job of keeping us apprised of progress (and lack of progress) in this swap, and he has tried to get the no-shows on board. His post this afternoon was harshly worded, but he was getting pretty rough treatment in posts today.

For the record: Before today's exchange of heated posts, Daryn already had told us twice (in posts on the 21st and the 26th) about the illness in the family of the remaining tardy tier. It has not been over a month since the deadline.

Bill

Bill, there were no "pissy" posts till Daryn put up his post saying we were being crybabies, and other stuff, then thats why I replied the way I did, and Im not ashamed of what i said, I could care less about the flies, its what he said and the way he said it that has me heated, and Im not alone..

I am sory I was rude, but at times have a real short fuse. I have been holding off sending the flies out as I have been waiting on a members flies. I was told they were on the way, so I decided to wait it out. With a few members not responding to messages and making no posts in this thread. I have wanted to make sure every member in this swap received as many differnt flies as possible. I was trying to do something good for everyone.

I have done everything possible to keep everyone informed. As of this moment I am going to say that, as soon as I can I will send the flies out. I will also update this thread when they have been put in the mail.