Fly Tying
Joe Hard

Striped Bass Swap

They have not hit Florida yet. But after what I saw in the company mail today, I'm probably not going to see them for another few days anyway. Man is the mail SLOW here in Tampa. I think grandma Moses is delivering mail here.

Rick

As you guys know theres no way myself, Will or any of the other mods are able to keep track of every swap that goes on on the site. With all out other duties here its simply imposiable for us to do that and read every post on ever swap every single day.

With that said - first and formost the personal attcks end NOW!. You guys know we do not allow those types of comment to be made between members here.

Secondly- when something like this happens then contact myself, Will, OSD, Dfix or any of the other mods on the site and we will take care of the problem and get it resolved. Do not take it upon yourself to get into an argument over something like this on the site.

After sitting here and reading over 8 pages of this swap it looks as if this was an unfortunate incident for everyone involved. From what I see there were a number of swappers that did not uphold their end of the deal as to the due date (some with good excuses) as well as the SM not realizing there should be a limit of how long you will make swappers wait for there flies on the count of 1 or 2 late swappers.

Daryn as said the flies were mailed and given the fact that he is in Nova Scotia and the flies have to cross the border during the holiday then I'm sure they are on the way and its just the mail holding them up now.

I will keep an eye on this swap to make sure it ends properly now. I will reiterate the point though- When something like this happens there is no excuse to resort to personal attacks. Contact one of us on the FTF staff and we will resolve the problem and handle your concerns, after all that is why we are here.

FTF Staff

Still no flies, and I must have missed something here, if Steve is that mad, I seen no (personal attacks) or anything of the sort, just conserned swappers, and for good reason. I am curious as to why flies make it from here to Cannada in 5 days, but takes weeks to get from there to here :dunno: I am not picking on anyone, or trying to start an arguement, or anything of the sort, but I have chalked this one up as a loss.

Dustin.

Like I said, I just chalked this one up as a loss, and Steve, I guess you and I have different opinions of what a personal attack is :dunno: but anywho, I feel that this my last post on this one, there is nothing more that needs said, or that will do any good so its whatever, I could care less anymore <_<

Dustin.

Dustin there was name calling and insults towards peoples flies as well as towards themselves in this swap.That is the kind of stuff that is not allowed on this site. Your concerns about the where abouts/length of time to get the flies is certianlly justified,, but some things where said by both parties that should not have been said.

You are correct nothing more needs to be said, but I am sure the rest of the swappers are still interested in where the flies are so I will still find out for them if they have been sent.

Steve

Well, did anybody get their flies yet?

We will give it another week or so and we will decide on what we are going to do after that.

I think we have given this swap enough weeks (This swap started in JUNE).

How about some action!

I too have not received my flies.

Thanks

I also have not received anything as of 12/12/06.

Packages I sent from FL to Maine took 6 days. This has now been 6 weeks since the flys were mailed from Canada.

It is just flys, I can tie more.

Rick

I think we should make Daryn run the gauntlet and each of us give him 40 nwhacks with a fly rod :hyst:

Dustin.