Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

Started bloodworming, late start

June 1, 2006 the season opened. I have been travelling with 2 guys for years. The driver hurt his back and as we are all getting older we are not as gung ho as we once were. We tried a few spots and it was not all that great. We went to a spot today that has not been dug in a very long time. He He He quality and quantity, ching ching $$$$. I really like the look of the shore and flats for striper fishing. Old stumps, rocks and grass mounds, massive weed beds, clam beds, ponds in the marsh with channels flowing out onto the flats. surrounded by two fresh water river channels=currents. Some high banks, easy access. There is a small home at the end of the road, and someone who lives there took a ride on lawn mover and cut a path through the swap grass about 2 feet from shore. All the way to where the beach turns to sand. It is the closest place to where I live. I can fish where I work. We all did good worming, and on the way home we all said looks like a great place to fish. I am hoping to give you guys a report of my first striper on a fly. I also found that when things are going good something bad is going to happen.......

When I first started worming it was every man for him self you sell the worms to the worm buyers. I got a guy involved, thought I would help him out. He kissed the worm buyers but to become sort of a lead hand, :angry: Sell out backstabber. Took care of things though, for years. Screwed up and messed the boys around. Now its back to the old days. I got dropped off in front of my apartment building, and he was waiting for me on a bicycle. We had words, and he had a mouth full of sunflower seeds, he was yakking, seeds flying, and spit a few on me. I was assaulted by sunflower seeds. :hyst: he drove off. As I was walking up the stairs I could hear him hollering outside how he was going to kill us tomorrow. :rolleyes: I have to be up at 3:00 am for the morning tide. Keep you posted!

Just might if need be. Thing is he was one of my best friends. I am not going to jail for that schmuck! Meaning if the place is right I Have no problems with fisticuffs. Not in the middle of town my criminal record, let alone his. The cops would love that. Things will get brutal. He will have to swing first. and its not like we have not fought before. It took a lot to hold back. I just shrugged it off, as I know he is going through a lot. But that is not my problem.

Went to the same spot and dug beside one of the rivers, could see a blue heron plucking small flounder. The marsh ponds were full of mummichogs, small and big. Some new flies on the way. Same as the worms, either big or real small. This spot has got me edgy to fish. I will take a few photos of the area and post in the salt section.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this