Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Carne

Something else you'll be interested in

Holy Grail, possibly. Looks like that Bigfoot picture from Olympia, WA.

It's too bad the pics so grainy as it would be nice to see more detail. Dave have you tried just photographing it on Macro setting? usually better than a scan.

I saw the hackle on the body was absent right away. fishing the fly was most likely the culprit. Perhaps it even broke off in a salmons mouth.

Any sign of golden strands of hair :D

Holy Grail, possibly. Looks like that Bigfoot picture from Olympia, WA.

It's too bad the pics so grainy as it would be nice to see more detail. Dave have you tried just photographing it on Macro setting? usually better than a scan.

I saw the hackle on the body was absent right away. fishing the fly was most likely the culprit. Perhaps it even broke off in a salmons mouth.

Any sign of golden strands of hair :D

I'm a professional graphic designer - believe me the scan is as good as it'll get.

That crap about the hair comes from some chinless tart from about 1860 bs-ing about herself - and of course only Mr Bates took it as true - as you can see the fly is dated 1845.

D

taking a better look at the scan...from a MUCH better computer...

i can see a wide head...can tell for sure but it looks like a reversed wing ...which would set the wing at that angle.

..dave?

ps any chance bringing it to newark?

yo

Sorry Dave didn't mean to ruffle your feathers about the scan. The original pic must be pretty rough. I was being sarcastic regarding the hair. It's a great piece of history indeed.

I'll refrain from anymore photographic tips, etc.

Sorry Dave didn't mean to ruffle your feathers about the scan. The original pic must be pretty rough. I was being sarcastic regarding the hair. It's a great piece of history indeed.

I'll refrain from anymore photographic tips, etc.

Not ruffled mate - you wouldn't know what I do for a living - likewise the hair story - judging by some of the stuff in his book I think Bates fell for some right gobsh*te (a lot of it from Fabini I think).

Dave

Sign in to follow this