Fly Tying
Ralph Jones

The JERK.

There I was, fishing a dropoff about 30 feet from the bank on the Warrior River. I was facing the bank about 60 feet away so I could drop a wooly Worm off the edge of the dropoff & catch suspended Bluegills and Shellcrackers (big ones, some 9 to 11 inch long) when this Bass jerk powers up and commences to fish between me and the bank, putting his boat almost exactly where I'm casting. I don't know him and don't know why he picked this spot to fish unless he was harassing the jonboat guy (me). This son of something diseased and obscene proceeds to curse me out for telling him what he did wrong. Then he throws a beer can at me. I Let Him Live. He made me so angry I had to just sit there and tremble in rage so as not to go 'Postal'. I did take down his Ala. boat number from the bow of his bassboat and when he was too far away to see what I was doing I called the game warden and accurately described him, his boat, and the incident, especially the Beer can. A couple of hours later I saw him cuffed in the water troopers boat with his being towed behind. If he had not made me so Angry that I wanted to remove him from the gene pool I would have never done such a thing. Sure, if he'd been poaching. Oh, here in Alabama they are sure death on alcoholic beverages on the water. Twenty years ago I'd have gone to jail over this. If I did wrong, what should I have done? Ralph

I think you did the right thing. I don't know how you remained calm aftr him throwing something at you though.

This is why all fishing boats should be equipped with cannons like the good old days.

"I'd like to spit some Beech Nut in that dude's eyes and shoot him with my old .45" or something like that.

Good job, maybe next time he'll think about what he's doing.

Like my dad always told me... You never want to get into a pi$$ing contest with a skunk. :blink: I think you handled it well and were alot calmer and more patient then I would have been. :wallbash:

I think you handled it just right. Told him he done wrong by driving into your cast, at which point he could've responded a number of ways.... he chose to go nutso and throw a beer can at you.

Smart of you to wait a bit before dialing the phone.

I wouldn't fish that particular drop-off for awhile.

This is why all fishing boats should be equipped with cannons like the good old days.

:lol2: Sounds like that guy was a piece of :poop: You handled it better than I would have. I would have been so mad that I would have forgot to get the boat #.

The alternative was the boat police finding him floating face down!

You made a good choice!

BFR

Thanks guys. I felt like a real :poop: for calling the water troopers instead of fighting my own fight. I feel better about my lack of action now. Ralph

You absolutely went the right way Ralph. The other way might have been more satisfying initially, but I bet the view is better from in front of the bar rather than behind them.

Ralph.

Hats off to you! A dog can whip a skunk any 'ol day but sometimes it's just not worth the fight. Exercising restraint is not always easy, especially in your situation. In retrospect it could have easily been you being led off in cuffs at the end of the day. Good job!

Kerusso

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.