Fly Tying
artimus

tying vids

Hey guys,

Remember me!??! :unsure: :j_k: Not sure if this has been post before............

This is a response for colbyjack about tying classes. If you can't do something live then you go online.

There are over 50 shows, some even with Dave Whitlock.

The site appears to be clean of viruses and such. Also provided is a menu made up by Gary Madore :headbang: :headbang:

KSWU OMN

Menu

Now back to your regulary scheduled program (I in the mean time will fade back into the background) :ph34r:

Art

Will,

The pen.............just got out last weekend.

LOL!!!! A bit of a long story, but in the end the result was the same, I COULDN'T for the life of me sit at my bench and tie. For almost a year that thought of tying, just totally stressed me out. It has only been the past few weeks that the interest in tying has returned, and with that active participation in tying boards again.

Have I missed the friendship that is here.....you bet. Over the next little while I'll start posting again, and am looking forward to a swap or two in the next couple of weeks.

Art

Hey bud at least you are out of the zoo and back in action!!! Gonna have to have a look at those links, Thanks!!

Joe, I live in a zoo!! The part about just getting out was a joke, but I gues that I wasn't that clear in the later part of my post.

Hehehe, yes I am SD. Pretty some your gonna wish that I never came back!! lol. Look for a PM from me in the near future.

Art

Beware of the software that has to be downloaded in order to watch these videos, it will completely bog down your computer system. At least that was my case. Yours may be different.

The most favourable option is to burn them and then use a familiar viewer to watch them. I've already got the library burned and filed for viewing at a later date.

Art

Artimus, I have to ask, how did you override the program to be able to save them separate from their program?

Thanks for the headsup.

MrBones

MrBones,

Check your doc folder for a new folder (recieved items I believe). You should find them all sitting there nicely. Or you can do a harddrive search for video files. Either way once you've found them cut/paste, move, copy or view from that location.

Flytire,

Yes, but I'm a Realplayer kinda guy.

Art

artimus,

thanks! i had one downloaded and it does play on Windows Media Player.

Thanks,

Norm

Something I found out about "bogging" down your computer: If you have more than one episode loaded on your OMN "My downloads" page it will completely bog down the machine. The system works great if you only have ONE episode on your page. After you have downloaded a single episode do the following;

1. Go to your hard drive and find the downloaded episode and copy it to a different folder and save.

2. Then return to your OMW page and delete that episode. The episode will be deleted off OMN AND YOUR ORIGINAL download folder. You still have the copy you made in a different folder and they can be viewed from there or, as I recommend, burn on to a DVD. A single DVD should hold 14-16 episodes. The DVD must be viewed on your computer as you need Windows Media Player to view. It won't work on your tv/dvd player.

It takes about 8 minutes to down load an episode with a cable modem or DSL if you do it this way.