Fly Tying
Joe Hard

What do you do for a living

I am a Electrical Field Service engineer on high speed packaging equipment. I travel all over the world to install service and repair machines at places like... Anhueser Busch, Heineken, Physer, Kellogs, Kraft, General Mills Labatt, Molson, Modelo and all that neet stuff. I am away from home about 90% of the time and don't get to fish much. I am on the hairy edge of quitting soon and starting my own business where I can be my own boss. Then I will take vacation anytime I want or just close up shop for the afternoon and go fishing. :wallbash:

Sicerely, FH :D

I like my job but it involves a lot of driving around...which on a weekend on Cape Cod makes me wonder if its time for a change...perferably something at either involves punching people in the face or using profanity towards elderly drivers or yard sale organizers.

My wife says I suffer from Road Rage...I disagree I think I suffer from an over whelming sense of justice. Like when you pull to the side of the road to make room for the ambulance and three cars pass you...oh yeah there's some definite Road Justice that needs to be had. In fact if Superman didn't have the ability to fly, nigh-invulverability, and super strength he'd be just like me bringing justice to the roads of Metropolis with his caped middle finger and a vast vocabulary of Kryptonian curses.

I dont drive but am in a vehicle a lot. Is there anything worse than someone that likes to do 45 on a 100 highway, looking at everything but their rear view. Other people do have things to do, get a grip or pull over!! Hey!!!!!! I have sen your picture, you look about the right size and shape to be UNLEASHED!! You gotta remember, that old people are like children in a way. Relax and smile you are going to be that way some day. Different days are caos, and everyone gets it. I was never much of a superman fan....remember the sheep dog that Wiley tried to scam for sheep? I wish I had that job looking out over the bluff waiting for skinny water to fill!!!! I am going to have to start calling you Cujo!!!

If you read my posts and see the pictures that go with them, you see what I do for a living. I'm an outdoors writer for a large daily newspaper.

Yes, I get to hunt and fish on company time. I also get to edit pictures, write columns and do a million other little things on my own time, so it evens out.

Still, it's a lot more fun than my previous two jobs (TV news reporter and engineering technologist)!

John

I am a Electrical Field Service engineer on high speed packaging equipment. I travel all over the world to install service and repair machines at places like... Anhueser Busch, Heineken, Physer, Kellogs, Kraft, General Mills Labatt, Molson, Modelo and all that neet stuff. I am away from home about 90% of the time and don't get to fish much. I am on the hairy edge of quitting soon and starting my own business where I can be my own boss. Then I will take vacation anytime I want or just close up shop for the afternoon and go fishing. :wallbash:

Sicerely, FH :D

Wow beer and food. :P Cripes. I dont think I would last very long at that job. I would gain 30 pounds of beer gut and another 70 or 90 just on breakfast.

The job you desire sounds like un-employment insurance. To tell you the truth I am a seasonal worker, and cant wait for poggy time again. This year is bad. the sooner its done the better. I am looking forward for snow to fall and this year to be over. The end of September is usually when its cold for good here. October is the pits, daylight is gone...well days are short. I am not allowed to hunt, with a firearm, legally. Stripers head south, there is not much for a guy like me to do Except tie experiment flies, and daydream of spring and summer's fishing. :devil: And put a few cold ones away over a good jug up. Where I live its a have not place, there are many people like me that work their buts off all Summer, just to be able to live half decent through the winter. Nova Scotia is a place where you would love to retire, the pace is slow, and the environment breath taking, at least where I live. I am sure if the cash was right and a good job offer came my way... I would be in.

If you read my posts and see the pictures that go with them, you see what I do for a living. I'm an outdoors writer for a large daily newspaper.

Yes, I get to hunt and fish on company time. I also get to edit pictures, write columns and do a million other little things on my own time, so it evens out.

Still, it's a lot more fun than my previous two jobs (TV news reporter and engineering technologist)!

John

[/quote

Now there's a job. Sounds like you got it skulled!! You know what I mean, I would like to be able to know how to hold a pencil properly. Come here next spring/summer I will take you to the spot of spots. Fishing is good here if you know how to do it. I am serious, look at the pictures I post. You do not see very many people. You too Rdwings, I know you guys have your favourite places to fish, but if you come here you will say wow Wow wow!!!! John, Mike or anyone that wants a taste of prime fishing PM me. Big, well a 20 inch brown is a bqaby...The tide is uncontrolable and the stripers love it. Bass and panfidh comming out your ears. The salmon are pooling up and amakintg a comebaxk.

I change sh#tty diapers and fill sippy cups while my wife works, It's ok, I don't make any money and have to beg for an allowance but get to play on the internet most of the day. TV is out of the question, if I change it from the kiddy cartoon channel I get a sippy cup right between the eyes. that's pretty cool how you get to work outside and collect worms to sell, I still fish bait time to time , trying to catch carp, so my bait is sweating in the kitchen with some wierd mixture in a mixing bowl and a pot of boiling water with a french fry basket (making boilies).

Wow, what an interesting thread!

I currently hold the ridiculous title of "Webmaster" --- meaning I do all kinds of Web coding, but also a lot of design and writing and editing and such.

A lot of what I do is pretty brainless, but some of it is very challenging and very interesting. Go this page on "my" site and click on the video link to see a small slice of me (I'm the young guy) and what I do.

http://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/savant/about.cfm

Edit to add: the video is from a German documentary on Savant (Rain Man) Syndrome, a section of which was filmed at my office.

High school junior by day, neural surgeon and aeronautical physicist by night. I also do a little fishing on the side.

~Bryce

You left out the part where you're Spider-Man.

I am a carpenter and a world class Maintenance "Technician". If I can't fix it than its not broken!

High school junior by day, neural surgeon and aeronautical physicist by night. I also do a little fishing on the side.

~Bryce

You left out the part where you're Spider-Man.

Shhhhh...You'll spoil my secret identity.

~Bryce

Daryn,

there are several web site helps out there, and the one I like the most so far is NVU. It's a freeware program and I'm sure there's probably something better that you could buy, but for a free builder it's outstanding.

I'm in radio. I'm the weekday evening and Sunday afternoon announcer for 2 Christian talk stations, I have a public affairs weekend show, and I'm the programming liason for client relations. (Which means if something's wrong with a show, it's my job to fix.) I'm also trying to get my own show syndicated.

I work Sunday through Friday.