Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
deeky

Ugly Bug

A while back I posted a question about a bug I found in the basement, but had no pictures of. Thanks to you guys, it was identified, and now I just found another. This time I got a picture before I smashed the crap out of it. This guy is about 4mm long, 2 for the body, 2 for the claws.

post-3964-1152795249_thumb.jpg

Thankfully they are only a pseudoscorpion and have no stinger, but still ugly.

wild. those bugs are very small and usualy found within the carcasses of other bugs or small "dead things"

Not a common bug to be found out and about. Very good eyes deeky :bugeyes:

Next one you see, don't "smash the crap out of it." I've collected only one, in an older house in which my family lived. Haven't seen any in our current house. I'd be interested in having one, so put it in a tiny container and send it to me. (They are completely harmless to people). I'll preserve it in 70% EtOH, and use it to show to students and other interested persons. I'll even take some high-quality images with my microscope and share them with the forum. (And I'll reimburse you for shipping costs!).

Entomologists do those sort of things, I guess!

Cheers, Ethan

Ethan,

If I find another, I'll hold on to it for you and let you know. Anything for education.