Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bugcam

I am goin' fishing this weekend uh huh uh huh uh huh!

I have tied a few flies, mostly wooly buggers and a few fun flies. Spiders, ants and a Swamp Witch. The time has come to get 'em wet! I have practiced (wet and dry land) casting, had fun, no problems casting! This weekend I am going to go fishing a few hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. I borrowed a fly rod and reel from work. How do I put the fly on the line? How do I reel in? How do I let im go? Does anyone have any web site suggestions? They have Rainbows and some kind of suckers there, I would love to eat a fish that I catch!

what now?

this guy is gettin rediculous. Line is not that fragile and your rod is not that fragile. You do not have to parifin your ferrule either. this fella is s a bit paranoid id say

I wax my ferrules.... St. Croix recommends it....Not sure what exactly it does though..... keep a tight fitting or non slip?? Before I had my Legend Elites... I never knew anyone did was ferrules and never had a problem......

Jeff

Can't say I've ever waxed my ferrules but I'll treat my guides with silicone line treatment on a regular basis to keep them slick and clean.

Good luck with the fishing bugcam!

I put a little bit of turtle wax on a q-tip and put it on my guides, then take a clean q-tip and polish it off, and I can tell a big difference in the casting.