Fly Tying
colbyjack

outdoor scenery today

Here are a couple pictures from today. I have been sick for a bit and cooped up in the house. It said on the weater it was going to be plus 10 Cel. I still have a bit of a cold but I had to get out. The first picture is a little hole where I caught my biggest brook trout ever.

IPB Image

Some strange looking wood I saw along the bank

IPB Image

The rest are some more shots of the brook

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Don't you just love those small streams! That stream has "brookies" written all over it. I fish similar in N Michigan, and am taking the last week in May for a trip up there. I'm already packed.

In one spot, I walked the center of the stream and spooked a nice fish. I would say it was 12 to 14 inches. It swam right at me and stopped me in my tracks. I only saw one other fish I was sure was a trout. It was about 2 to 3 inches long, a little fingerling. There were a few midges flying around. It is hard to tell in the pics but everything was slowly melting. Spring is right around the corner!!

I went out to try for some prespawn bass on the Huron in MI. I got skunked, but came away with some nice pictures

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mmmmm, milky water!

Hey Daryn, those are great photos! Very moody and excellent compositions.

Hey Frogfish, sweet shots! Thanks for sharing.

Here are a couple pictures from today, the first a bit different its downtown Main street Kentville, where I live. If you look you will see something green in the far distance that's the end of downtown, turn left just before the green thing, go about as far as the guy in the white jacket, turn left 2 more times and you will be right there where the green van is waiting for the light and guy in white jacket. That is the main drag. Takes about 3 minutes to do a complete trip around town on foot if that.

IPB Image

Here are a couple pictures of my home river, went to scout it out today

IPB Image

IPB Image

Looks flooded to me, The next picture I took a desk top tripod and a couple rubber bands and attached it to my wadding staff, put the camera in self portrait and self timer to see if I could try to get some pics by myself holding fish. I think it will work great.

IPB Image

Here is a picture of a long deep narrow straightaway and one of the many feeder ditches that flow into the river. You cant jump across it. It looks like you can but forget it. Right now the ditch is about 5 to 6 feet deep. Gives a rough idea how deep and wide the river is,

IPB Image

Here is a picture of a sandpit I cut through to get back from the river. In the distance you can see Nova Scotia's North Mountain. Just like our town it is not very big as far as mountains go and one last shot of the river, about a 5 minute walk from home

IPB Image

IPB Image

The way the dead grass looks, I am thinking about using my stripping basket, just to keep my line from getting sliced up

I am a little slow getting this picture posted as it was taken two weeks ago rather than today :)

it is one of my favorite trout streams. It is usually low and clear and can be real tough to fish, especially with the overhanging trees.

post-1597-1174827105_thumb.jpg

its in starved rock park. Utika IL. There are more than 2 dozen falls over there. each canyon has several in it. it's realy neat when we've had alot of rain. that water was ice cold but cabin fever had those kids playing in it like it was july

its about 20 min east of princeton

This is a great thread with wonderful photos..Great variety..

Here is a small trib to one of my favorite lakes

IPB Image

A Garder Snake

IPB Image

An Oregon Coast Steelhead Creek

IPB Image

And a coastal Lagoon

IPB Image

Truly breathtaking!!! Makes me feel like packing my bags!

Come on over Graham, ill show you around to some great spots :)

IPB Image