Fly Tying
colbyjack

outdoor scenery today

18 hours ago, essequamvideri said:

It didn’t suck. 

Wow, thanks for that reply, great photos - that looks like an amazing trip that won't soon be forgotten.  Good for you guys.  

While you get to bum around the Caribbean, I get to hike through old pig farm. And so it goes.  

This past week-end my son and I hiked around the old Kristoff Pig Farm, at one time the largest pig farm in New England, over 800 acres and 10,000 hogs, in addition to growing vegetables and producing dairy for some local food manufacturers (Nissen Bakery and Table Talk Pies).

The state now owns a good chunk of the land.  

We were hoping to find some still standing buildings to explore, but no such luck. 

Very pleasant day anyway.  

IMG20231001153740c.jpg

IMG20231001145959.jpg

IMG20231001145536.jpg

8 hours ago, niveker said:

Wow, thanks for that reply, great photos - that looks like an amazing trip that won't soon be forgotten.  Good for you guys.  

While you get to bum around the Caribbean, I get to hike through old pig farm. And so it goes.  

This past week-end my son and I hiked around the old Kristoff Pig Farm, at one time the largest pig farm in New England, over 800 acres and 10,000 hogs, in addition to growing vegetables and producing dairy for some local food manufacturers (Nissen Bakery and Table Talk Pies).

The state now owns a good chunk of the land.  

We were hoping to find some still standing buildings to explore, but no such luck. 

Very pleasant day anyway.  

IMG20231001153740c.jpg

IMG20231001145959.jpg

IMG20231001145536.jpg

Brings back memories of lands we used to explore in our hormonal infused hay days. 
Only thing missing is the quarry to swim in. 

Michael