Fly Tying
colbyjack

outdoor scenery today

well folks went out to check our bank poles this morning. checked radar before i left, not a drop of rain anywhere. perfect weather, mid 70's humid suns coming up. checking bank pole #1 empty, 2 thru 4 empty. poles 6-20 notta. pole #5 our only catfish. once the sun started to come up the the fog set in. pretty neat not a sole on the water. river was smooth as glass, just 3 big ole country boys in a 14' flatty with a 10 horse. just thought id share a few pics of this wonderfull morning. after we got off the water it started to rain, and rained all day.... lol. im glad the radar said no rain.... :angry: hehehe o weill it was fun.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

-chris

thats wicked cool.

o and i did catch one fish that morning above..... here it is :)

IPB Image

here it is next to my boy

IPB Image

-chris

Too Cool....Too Cool....Too Cool....

The perfect time of day. Always at the dawn to greet the new day and just appreciating a beautiful sight. Extra special when a partner is along. Saw lots of sights solitary and that's wonderful as well.

Beautiful spot!! Not a bad fish either! Bet that's not the first big fish your son has posed with. Think he was wondering how long you could hold it up!!! :hyst: :hyst:

Send some more when you go back - let's see the difference - on a different visit.

later

Fred

I think I read an invite for a few pics...

"The Hills of West Virginnii"

IPB Image

"Just a little sound"

IPB Image

Northeern Maine, Madawaska Stream, on salvaged raven feather

"Big or small they all fall"

IPB Image

Hope you like them. What about that brookie??? Too much fun!!!!

later

Fred

Oh Wow! Real nice pictures Gents! There's something about a mist or fog over or on the water. Big or small, those fish look like they were fun landing.

Here's a few pics of one of my favorite lakes that I took early last month. This lake is about 20 miles away from me. Wasn't lucky like you Gents were with the mist as the pics were taken in the late afternoon but the wind died down enough for me to get some reflections.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

AWESOME pics guys, not sure how I missed seeing this thread until tonight.. I need to dig through some old film shots because I'm sure I have a pic of the Sierra taken from the exact same spot shown above, seriously. Mine was taken at the end of October, probably around 1998.

Anyway, looking at the scenery and monster cat pics made my day, thanks for sharing!!!

Graham

Hey down2earthlv,

I just dug through an old photo album, and it looks like my pic was taken within a hundred yards of your shot. Cool stuff, the Sierra is my favorite place. I just scanned the old pic below...

post-992-1154411039_thumb.jpg

:bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Cool stuff Graham!! I'm planning on being there this october...my buddy is cohosting some cooking/fly casting seminar for Brock's flyfishing.... I cant afford to attend, but I'd rather be on the water anyway! I'm not sure exactly which weekend, but I'll post it somewhere as soon as I do!

Yankee Meadows Reservoir, about 1/2 hour north of Cedar City....Tons of healthy trout!

IPB Image

Jeepin' in a winter wonderland........stone's throw from Red Rock Canyon, Las Vegas

Mine's the second from the left...partial top, half doors, 22 degrees.....Jeepers are a special breed!

IPB Image

yes yes, i got the jeep bug too.... lol

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

yeah yeah, i enjoy my digital camera..... lol

that bird was something else. i got right down on the pavement snapped it and he never moved. wish i knew what kind it was. -chris

Nice pics guys....

I need to take some new pics with my new camera, the one's below are scanned from old photos taken a few years ago.

My Jeep gets me away from the crowds when camping, and the mountain bike gets me to places like Kirman Lake.

post-992-1154574943_thumb.jpg

Kirman Lake, my favorite big brookie water in the Sierra

post-992-1154575052_thumb.jpg

And below is Upper Twin Lake and Virginia Lake, both in the E. Sierra, there are many brownies over 20 lbs in Upper Twin....

post-992-1154575143_thumb.jpg

post-992-1154575168_thumb.jpg

That bird was something else. I got right down on the pavement snapped it and he never moved. Wish I knew what kind it was.

Looks like a golden-crowned kinglet to me.

Yep. I just checked my Audubon Field Guide to confirm it! There ya go...

John