Fly Tying
colbyjack

outdoor scenery today

Glad someone understand what happens when jeep enters the blood......I have bajillions of jeep pics, but I'll try to stick to outdoor scenery. HEY...are those jeeps in that pic? now how'd that happen :D :D

Out in the middle of the desert, standing on the only hill for miles......

IPB Image

That is a goood looking fish pic :headbang:

Where did you caught it Graham?

nice rod also B)

Tcr :baby: post-4230-1154607261_thumb.jpg

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

storm pics from last may trying to find the twister, it hit we never seen it. the stream pic is from last july around the helen, GA area. -chris

Hi colbyjack, Just looking at your storm clouds makes my heart skip a beat, scary stuff.

HI tcr, thanks, there just something about the colors on that fish that I love. You asked where I caught it, well, from stream I want to remain nameless, basically because it still remains relatively un-crowded, even though it is full of big brownies at times. The fish in the pic was caught in New York and is smaller than average sized fish from this stream… but I wont hijack this scenery thread with loads of fish pics. Regarding the rocky shoreline pic you posted, man, it’s a great one. The composition really pulls you into the scene, makes one imagine the thrill, enjoyment and solitude the fly fisher feels, and I swear, I can even smell the salt air and seaweed on the rocks. Great stuff….

Last night I was reading a website about “netiquette” and realized I have been hijacking a few of the threads here, such as the macro flash topic started by Isonychia. Sorry guys, this is the only forum I have time to participate on, and I’m still learning. I will either stay on topic or start a new thread. I guess a fish pic thread would be interesting.

Cheers,

Graham

Last night I was reading a website about “netiquette” and realized I have been hijacking a few of the threads here, such as the macro flash topic started by Isonychia.

Don't sweat it, Graham. We're all friends here. The netiquette rules aren't ironclad, and if the thread strays from the subject a bit, who cares? Certainly not me.

And don't worry. I won't tell where you caught that brown, even though I think I know. I have a few friends who fish that part of NY, and they don't like to name that stream either. One of these days, I've got to get up there. I have a standing invitation from a local NY fishing guide to join him there.

John

Hi John, Thanks for understanding.... I agree, it seems friendly conversation can stream along smoothly, and its hard to keep it from getting choppy when new threads get involved.

About the NY fishing, there are several streams I fish each fall, all within about a 20 mile radius, and this year I'll be there the first week of November. My wife grew up several miles from these fish and that’s how I found this area, and the surprising thing to me is that most of the locals are either unaware of the fantastic fishing, or they just don't care for cold water fish. Seriously, the in-laws, a rather large extended family, are avid fishers, for bass, pike and walleye, but couldn't give a hoot about trout or salmon. I've come to like it that way...LOL... I plan on taking some super photos there this fall. My biggest problem is finding time to get away from work to practice using my new gear. Today my LEE filter setup arrived and now I’m just dying to take some sunset pics, even if its just down at the beach in Malibu, rather than in the mountains, where I’d much rather be. The strange thing is; it’s a recent photo I took, that is keeping me too busy to get out and photograph. link to photo and article I don't have a desire to get big. My dream is to enjoy my family, my life, and when the phone rings off the hook it can get stressful. I need some time off to play with my camera and fly rod..... soon....

Graham

heres a lil trail scenery at cliffs insaine terraine park

IPB Image

sittin in the creek yappin on the C.B.

IPB Image

national famous trail beggars gulch, Rorp.com rockport, il

IPB Image

staging for "pokeys run" day 1 of the 2006 jeep safari, Pittsfield, IL Two Rivers Jeep Club

IPB Image

ditch poser...lol over heated side of the road, flexin a tad with my new lift and tires

IPB Image

big trout, chattahoochee river N.E. GA

IPB Image

keep it going guys any scenery or outdoorsy pics. -chris

Here is a pic I took of a rising fish. I was sitting on a log watching it feed. I got prety close to capturing it break surface.

IPB Image

Here is a picture of a winery that I go through to fish, the salt.

IPB Image

Here is looking back at the road. I walked in from, its a ways. The silver barn

IPB Image

Waiting for the tide to come in. You can see how far out the tide is, it is about an hour after low and just starting to come in.

IPB Image

This has got to be one of the biggest mud holes, I know of. You guys who like jeeps, Ha Ha I dont think you want to go in there.

IPB Image

And a sulking striper

IPB Image

Sunset with a friends silhouette on the water

post-992-1154662141_thumb.jpg

A nice day for fly fishing

post-992-1154662256_thumb.jpg

The stream closest to home, man made, with koi....

post-992-1154662292_thumb.jpg

Hey Kargen, THANK YOU for that link!!!! Wow, I'm going to have lots of fun playing with that!!!

Graham

I just tried to place my first try using the water sqirls program, but it looks like Macromedia flash images can't be pasted here. so here's a link the file is about 1.5 MB, the river pic above, animated....

That looks cool Graham, so does that man made stream. I could see escaping to there just to sit and relax.

Kargen, thanks for the link. Joined the site to see what I could learn.