Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Royal Coachman

Moving to Europe

My family and I are soon moving to Europe. I would like to pack all of my tying materials on our shipping container, but am not sure of the laws governing transport fly tying fur and feather into Europe. Anyone have any experience or information on this?

Thanks.

RC

Wow, I'm in the process of moving about 850 miles to eastern New York from northern Michigan, what a pain in the butt. :lol: I can't imagine how complicated moving several thousand miles OVER AN OCEAN would be. :bugeyes:

Not sure, I'll do some digging. All I can say is that I've got capes and saddles sent in to the UK from the Collins Hackle Farm without a problem.

Depends where you're going and what CITES controled items you have - Scandinavian customs are very hoty - British ain't bad and there are special allowance for flytying materials that don't exist if the feathers are for other purposes... I'd just contact customs at the country you're going and ask em straight (apart from anything else and official 'this is OK' letter will reduce the risk of the stuff being impounded).

Dave

Thanks for your responses. Crazy around here right now. Boxes, paper and tape everywhere. Oh the joys of moving. I will check with customs...see what transpires. Thanks for the information.

RC

Sign in to follow this