Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

how much time do you spend on the water?

I was talkin to a buddy tonight and the conversation turned to number of fishing trips i i get top take each year so it got me to wondering if i am lucky to be single and get to take alot of fishing trips or if most of the fly nuts out there are like me and spend a great deal of time on the water.

On the average i get to spend probaly close to 50-75 days total a year on the river,is that normal or am i lucky dunno.gif

How much time do you get to go fishing each year?

As far as I'm concerned, you are a lucky man............I might have made it out 20 times last year..........

Guest Ladykiller

Last year ... maybe 120 days. This year, probably alot less. Need to save some money.

I guess about 50 to 60 days a year. It could be more but I'm selective about only fishing specific tides and time of day here in FL.

Ain't it great to be sinlgle when you're a fly-fisherman SD? 50-75 sounds about right to me. It's a shame you're not a hunter too. What the hell do you do with all that free time? wink.gif We gotta' get out this summer dude. Mio? Shoot me a mail sometime.

Al

Ah, I forgot about that Woodward Ave. thing you like to do. Hay, that reminds me.....You prommised me a ride in that goat you were working on last summer. What's up with that? dunno.gif biggrin.gif

Al

Still workin on it .....perfection takes time rolleyes.gif actually its a money thing right now i have the chassis body and rear end done but the next step is to finish the motor so i have to come up with another ten grand or so to finish that up. You'll know when its done cus you will be able to hear it start up all the way over at your house laugh.gif

Should be done "hopefully" late this summer,but then i have a 67 stang that i'm doin for my sister and brother in law waiting to get the treatment unsure.gif it never ends man.

SD

3, 4 or 5 times a week during the spring, summer and fall. One or two times a week during the coldest days of winter. Last Saturday it was 60 degrees for our kick-boat flotilla down the Catawba River. headbang.gif

Outside sales has its priviledges! cool.gif

not in the rivers but on the beach about 4 days a week in the spring and fall and 2 days a week in the summer on the boat in the ocean or bay. but this year my wife is expecting so I guess that my time will be cut in half if not more.

I spent 273 days on the water last year. 249 of them attributed to being deployed in the Navy.

My goal is to average 3 days a month this year (mainly week-ends).

Not counting trips during lunch hour? Probably 90 - 100 trips anywhere from a couple of hours in the afternoon/evening to full day excursions.

Jason

i spend almost everyday on the water....Working nites, I have the luxury of fishing during the day, then coming to the grind. I spent a little over three hubdred days on the water last year. 280 is about average for me....(i need professional help blink.gif )